Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Program Manager-trainee for the See Her Be Her Program at our non-profit organization!
Are you looking to gain experience in Program Management? This is the right opportunity for you. We are looking forenergetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our community department and support our See Her Be Her Program!
The See Her Be Her is a 3 months online youth coaching program open to all Black girls 11-19 years of age in the United States. The See Her Be Her program’s primary goal is to cultivate young Black girls by providing a service that is designed to address intergenerational trauma, low self-esteem, and identity issues. The program’s mission is to teach etiquette and black excellence, promote self-esteem and skills, uplift young black girls, and give them the courage & self-confidence to reach their dreams.
Program Manager-trainee Responsibilities:
- Program Manager Trainee provides overall management and oversight of the I’RAISE See Her Be Her program.
- Assist in recruiting coaches to provide instruction to students.
- Assist with recruiting advisers to serve on the education advisory committee.
- Assist advisory committee in establishing committee goals and objectives.
- Outreach and partner with universities and colleges to facilitate college workshops and to assist with college applications.
- Set and track program goals and outcomes.
- Provide technical assistance and overall support to coaches of the program.
- Evaluate and assess the See Her Be Her programs’ strengths and weaknesses including identifying and addressing risks.
- Administer education programs including scheduling classes.
- Train and manage members of the team.
- Plan student activities and events including college tours, college workshops, student life, and graduation ceremonies.
- Review and oversee program documentation.
- Maintain effective communication within the agency (Executive Director and Program Director) and with the community on the progress of the project.
Program Manager-trainee Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or is working towards a degree in Business, Human Resources, Education or related fields
- Natural communicator, leader, and relationship builder: You're authentic, empathetic, and able to communicate clearly through any channel and able to manage teams.
- Knowledge of the public school system and college process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment through changing priorities and demanding timelines
- Proven track record of problem-solving, meeting deadlines, taking the initiative and making well-informed decisions
- Ability to render words and experiences into easy-to-share formats to inspire others
Hours and Commitment: Trainees will be required to work 15 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months. Must be able to attend an in-person meeting once a week.
Location: Hybrid: In-person and Virtual
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee position
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable program managing experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK