2 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to Provide Behavioral Health Support
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to Provide Behavioral Health Care
Crisis Emotional Care Team (CECT) volunteers will deliver crisis intervention, crisis counseling, and emotional support to affected community members in the face of disasters or crises. CECT volunteers will receive training to work with survivors throughout all phases of the disaster cycle. Volunteers will partner with local agencies, working collaboratively to identify needs and help build capacity for sustaining supports to facilitate long-term recovery.
If you are a behavioral health provider and/or have experience providing emotional or mental health care, and would like to become a volunteer emotional care provider with the CECT, complete our Volunteer Interest Form at https://cectvolunteers.force.com/s/interest
- Be ready and willing to respond to the CECT call for volunteers if and when disasters arise
- Provide targeted and collaborative disaster emotional and mental health support to individuals and groups when deployed, using crisis counseling best practices
- Commitment to supporting and representing Vibrant Emotional Health’s Mission
- Volunteers must hold at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mental health or a related field including social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist, among others
- Strong references that speak to skills, teamwork, and leadership
- Knowledge of Emotional Care Techniques or Disaster Mental Health activity guidance
- Disaster Response and Psychological First Aid (all volunteers will receive training in these areas)
- Time Management and Organization
- Communication and Cooperation
- Proactive Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Cultural Awareness and Humility
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mental health or a related field
- Background Check
- Orientation and Training
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of survivors through local on the ground deployment or using remote technology
- Remote Requirements-
- A confidential and quiet workspace
- WIFI: Password protected high-speed internet
- Operating Systems: Windows 10/ macOS 10.15
- Hardware: USB/Bluetooth/AUX Headphones
About the Crisis Emotional Care Team
The Crisis Emotional Care Team (CECT) provides just-in-time support and care for those in the acute as well as longer-term recovery phases of a natural or human-caused disaster or crisis. Our team fosters individual and community resiliency by training emotional care providers to work collaboratively with those affected to build capacity, self-efficacy and the ability to apply standards of excellence and best practices. To learn more about the CECT, visit us at vibrant.org/cect or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About THE MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NEW YORK CITY INC
50 BROADWAY FL 19, NEW YORK, NY 10004, US
We work with individuals and families to help them achieve mental and emotional wellbeing. Our groundbreaking solutions deliver high quality services and support, when, where and how they need it. Our education and advocacy work shifts policy and public opinion so mental wellbeing becomes a social responsibility and is treated with the importance it deserves. We’re advancing access, dignity and respect for all and revolutionizing the system for good.
For 50 years, Vibrant Emotional Health, formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), has been at the forefront of promoting emotional well-being for all people. As leaders, advocates, educators, and innovators in mental health, we have been raising awareness and offering support to people who are struggling. We work every single day to help save lives and assist people to get mental health care anytime, anywhere and in any way that works for them. Vibrant is a nationally recognized leader in disaster mental health and crisis intervention, and currently administers the Disaster Distress Helpline and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. We are unwavering in our belief that everyone can achieve emotional wellness with the right care and support.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 30, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimal time commitment; flexible
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mental health or a related field.