General Volunteer - Lifelong Acupuncture Detox Clinic
United For Health
The Lifelong Acupuncture and Detox Clinic provides free acupuncture and support for people dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues on a walk-in basis. We primarily serve the homeless population in the city of Berkeley. We are currently looking for volunteers who can help us with our daily operations.
Volunteer duties include:
- Perform intake interviews for the clients.
- Orient clients to the clinic.
- Refer clients to other community resources as needed (such as food, housing, and job assistance
- Keep acupuncture office supplied with fliers and referral information
- Put out and clean up food, help manage donations
Hours are 8 am-11 am Tues., Wed., Thu., starting immediately. Whether you can commit one day a week or all 3 days, we can use your help! The clinic is located in Room 205 of the Ed Roberts Center in Berkeley. It is located just above Ashley BART station. There is ample parking available.
This is a great opportunity for anyone concerned about substance abuse and homelessness. It is also a great opportunity for anyone interested in acupuncture, herbal medicine, social work, and health related careers, or if you just wish to give few hours each week for a great cause.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.