Social Media Manager: Ongoing Commitment *3 Hours/Week
Please visit the new page to apply.
Sunday Lunchbox supports Austin families facing food insecurity by providing healthy and delicious meals for kids. We support local Texas farmers and small businesses while providing nourishing meals for our children.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for furthering our mission using social networks. Increased media presence will procure further food donations to the families that we serve. Prior social media experience is preferred.
Please note: This position requires an ongoing 3-hour commitment each week, spread across many days.
- Manage Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts.
- (Grow our presence on TikTok, Snapchat?).
- Curate and post content daily, with input/media from the rest of the team.
- Manage network and connections.
- Grow our network by connecting with like-minded local companies and engaging with their content.
- At certain times of year (Giving Tuesday, our anniversary, etc.), organize social media campaigns.
- Report to the executive director.
- ~ 3 hours/week, spread across many days.
This volunteer opportunity is virtual. We encourage volunteers and staff to stay abreast of current COVID-19 regulations and recommendations as they change. Please make informed health decisions, including social distancing, wearing masks, etc., and bring us your questions to ensure you have the data you need to stay safe.
About SUNDAY LUNCHBOX
8650 Spicewood Springs Road, Austin, TX 78759, US
Sunday Lunchbox is a 501(c)3 organization improving access to healthy, local food for Austin families. Sunday Lunchbox envisions a world in which we have bridges rather than barriers between those in need and our local farmers and food artisans. We have removed barriers perpetuating nutritional inequity, such as cost, lack of access channels, and education. We’ve replaced these barriers with: Sustainable distribution networks for locally sourced meals and produce Financial support directed at those contributing healthy options to our community Accessible educational material empowering families to make healthy food choices for their children
Sunday Lunchbox (SL) is a 501(c)3 organization serving the Austin community. SL’s mission is to improve access to local, healthy foods for families facing food insecurity.
Families served by SL (Lunchbox Families) receive weekly deliveries combining local organic produce with shelf-stable meals. Produce bags contain a selection of in season, local, organic produce. Our meals meet the following high standards for nutrition:
- Lunches are gluten and dairy free, always, with nut-free options
- Local, organic produce in every meal
- Shelf stable for minimal prep and storage requirements
- Eco friendly sourcing and compostable packaging
Through the sundaylunchbox.com website, a family can sign up to become a Lunchbox Family or refer others to the program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 19, 2022
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- *Orientation Required: Will report to the executive director for more details.