FRSP Trail Works Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Trail Works Volunteer:
(1) Trims back vegetation from trail.
(2) Clears trails of fallen trees, branches, and other debris.
(3) Removes brush.
(4) Cleans water bars.
(5) Inspects conditions of trails, trail signs, and waysides.
(6) Paints/Repairs trail signs when needed.
(7) Inspects boardwalks and bridges for damaged or loose boards.
(8) Performs other routine trail maintenance as determined by appointed park staff.
(9) Reports findings to appointed park staff.
(10) Works with the Roads, Trails, & Grounds Supervisor to ensure work is in accordance with the park’s mission.
Start Date - 2021-03-31
End Date - 2022-03-30
Activities include: Construction/Maintenance
Hosts Housing Amenities: N/A
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
December 29, 2021