1 person is interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Reporting to our CEO, you’ll play an integral part of the success of School Group. On any given day in this role, you'll be involved with policy creation and implementation, interfacing with the Human Resource management team to follow up on projects, consulting with different departmental leaders regarding personnel issues, and creating strategies to improve systems and processes.
In short, you’ll stand at the center of our efforts to find and retain quality talent.
- Managing all human resources operations including recruitment, staffing, on-boarding, succession planning, training, coaching, counseling, monitoring, and performance management.
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Developing and maintaining a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Department heads and managers
- Subordinates, including Recruiters, Technical Recruiters, and Recruitment Coordinators
- Applicants and future volunteers
- 5+ years experience supporting HR related processes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, business and technical teams
- Experience in process improvement and change management methodologies
- Experience with Workday HRIS preferred
- Experience with payroll business analysis preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and consistently deliver on commitments - great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solutions focused, with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Proficiency in managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Organizational Psychology.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment .
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 24, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Human Resources Assistance