3 people are interested
Chicken & Poultry Expert
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
World Hunger Team develops system to feed people globally. Part of our work is in protein enhancement, particularly in Africa. Over 40% of children have protein-deficient diets. This does not just mean that they go hungry; it means that their brains, muscles, bones and tissue are NOT properly developing. This could lead to short lives and significant medical problems as they age.
We are very active in creating food-growing solutions. Now, we want to also focus on chicken and poultry farming as a way to increase protein in the diets of people across Africa. To accomplish this, we want to develop an extremely affordable chicken coop made largely out of recycled plastic.
So we are looking for 3 individuals to help with this task:
1. Chicken Guru. Someone who understands chickens, their needs, their preferences, etc.
2. Architect / Construction Guru. Someone who can design a modular chicken coop system and make it simple, effective, affordable and long-lasting.
3. Manufacturing Guru. Someone who knows how to "knock them out" by the thousands and has the materials / factory / vendor relationships to make it happen.
We are not limited to 3 people; if you just like chickens and believe you can play a valuable role in our venture, let us know! We will need product testers as well as mission specialists as well as advocates for the project within the government and business world.
Find out more about us on our website, www.worldhungerteam.org and be sure to visit Mission 5. Thanks.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About WORLD HUNGER TEAM INC
PO BOX 140290, NASHVILLE, TN 37214, US
"We create innovative food growing systems that sustain communities, restore health, and empower profitable entrepreneurship."
World Hunger Team (WHT) is a true 501(c)3 non-profit Christ-centered foundation based in Nashville, Tennessee. Founded in 2008, we have grown in countless ways from our start. Our mission has expanded to truly tackle hunger on a worldwide basis. We have designed and tested a variety of growing methods for both indoor and outdoor growing. We are adapting hydroponic techniques to traditional farm growing, and also working to improve food security in Africa.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 28, 2021
- Mechanical Engineering
- Animal Care / Handling
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible; if you can give 1 hour a week, we'll be happy. If you can give more, we'll be ecstatic.
- We are a Christian mission. While not required, you must be okay with working with others who are fulfilling their life's mission and want to "put their thumbprint" on the planet to make a real and lasting difference in the world.