Hospice Needs Companionship Volunteers in Ormond Beach!
ORGANIZATION: Gentiva Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Kindred Hospice Palm Coast branch is seeking volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes in Ormond Beach.
- Enjoy making a difference in the life of a terminally ill person.
- Enjoy learning about the life history of an amazing patient.
- Enjoy a volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences with patients and staff.
- Enjoy an annual education program.
- Enjoy quarterly guest speaker programs.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; no hands-on care permitted.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 2 hours, 1 x per week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
12 More opportunities with Gentiva Hospice
About Gentiva Hospice
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
Gentiva’s Mission Statement: To provide exceptional care with empathy for our patients and their families so they may live with comfort, dignity and respect.
Gentiva’s Vision Statement: To be the first choice of patients, families, healthcare providers and associates for home care services.
Multiple locations Ormond Beach, FL 32176
August 25, 2022
- Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours 1 x per week; consistent weekly visit worked out between caregiver and volunteer.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.**Must be able to drive self to and from patient home. Reliability is essential. Skills listed are preferred, not required. No experience necessary.