Volunteers Needed for Home Visits with Ormond Hospice Patients
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Kindred Hospice Palm Coast branch is seeking volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes in Ormond Beach.
- Enjoy making a difference in the life of a terminally ill person.
- Enjoy learning about the life history of an amazing patient.
- Enjoy a volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences with patients and staff.
- Enjoy an annual education program.
- Enjoy quarterly guest speaker programs.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; no hands-on care permitted.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 2 hours, 1 x per week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad or email the volunteer coordinator directly at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast
4861 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Unit 3, Palm Coast, FL 32137, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice provides care in patient homes, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
Multiple locations Ormond Beach, FL 32174
December 28, 2021
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours, 1 x week; consistent time/day agreed upon by caregiver and volunteer.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.** Must be able to drive self to and from patient home. Reliability is essential. Skills listed are preferred, not required. No experience necessary.