- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Medical & Health volunteering & Internship in Bangalore City, India.
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
At a glance:
- Gain medical work experience as you learn directly from doctors in multi-specialty hospitals.
- Programs for high school students interested in medicine can enroll in the program.
- Strengthen your journey towards a medical career while acquiring international competencies and cultural connections
- Learn directly from doctors in busy hospitals. You can choose a specialty or rotate through different hospital departments
- Explore the beautiful country of India with fellow volunteers and experience unique social and cultural settings that you wouldn’t observe otherwise.
- Affordable fees from Euro 685 for 2 weeks and registration fee of Euro 299.
- Includes accommodation, meals, airport pick up, orientation, and 24/7 support
- Certification and credits provided at the end of the program
Is a Medical internship in India right for me?
These programs are ideal for medical or healthcare science students looking for a practical experience abroad. As a student, learning comes to life as you observe doctors and explore different specializations. You’ll get first-hand insight into medical practices in developing countries and actively learn from professionals in the field. This experience will add real-world experience to your CV and boost your skill set on university applications, as you’ll be able to gain a verified work reference.
What will I do on my Medicine internship in India?
- Observe local doctors and medical staff
- Rotate between various hospital departments like general medicine, oncology, and pediatrics
- Attend medical lectures and workshops
- Work in professional medical environments like hospitals and clinics
- Shadow experienced doctors and nurses
- Get a deeper understanding of global health care issues
- Learn essential medical skills, like measuring blood pressure and blood sugar
- Help deliver basic health care services during community outreaches
What types of medical placements are available in India?
Your placements may be in any of the following departments or preference given:
- General Medicine
- Public Health
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Imaging & Radiology
- Anaesthesiology & C Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Where in India will I be working?
You will be working in Bengaluru (also called Bangalore) is the capital of India's southern Karnataka state. The center of India's high-tech industry, the city is also known for its parks and nightlife. By Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha is a Neo-Dravidian legislative building. Former royal residences include 19th-century Bangalore Palaces, modeled after England’s Windsor Castle, and Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, an 18th-century teak structure.
A typical day on the Medicine internship in India
A typical day will run from Monday to Friday, from 8.30 am - 12.30 pm, and then from 2 pm - 4 pm. However, these hours may vary. The exact schedule will be discussed during your induction. You will be provided with basic training from day 1 till the end.
What are the goals of this Medical internship in India?
Your participation and contributions during your Medical internship in India will be an educational experience and we can’t wait for you to join. You’ll observe how to diagnose, treat and promote good health in local communities in India while gathering global experience to create an impact in your community.
Leisure activities and free time?
India has so much to offer, you can explore during free times and weekends.
India has so much to offer, from its beautiful coastal shores and meditative forests to its spicy delicacies and colorful markets. You'll be in awe of the organized chaos of transport and people and amazed by local landmarks and temples that stand tall above the city. In Kerala, Mysore, Goa, Delhi, and Nepal, you can experience all this and more. It's famous as one of India's most serene states coupled with the soothing flow of the Backwater canal system that runs through the communities.
Food and accommodation support?
The accommodation is safe, clean, and comfortable. Your program fees include three meals a day, 24/7 hours of staff support, and safety provided by the organization. You'll share accommodation with other Projects Abroad travelers during your stay in India. This is a great way to get to know each other, share experiences, and explore your surroundings during your free time together.
Safety and staff support?
Your safety and security is our prime concern. We have many procedures and systems to ensure you have the support you need to enjoy your trip with peace of mind. Our Projects Abroad staff is available 24 hours a day to help and will be on-hand to make sure you settle in well at your accommodation and placement. If you encounter any problems, they will be available to help at any time.
Apply online and reserve your seats.
Once you've decided on your dream destination and project, it's time to apply online and register before 2-3 months earlier!
For any additional information or bookings, please contact us.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Kenosis Foundation
# 18/1, K- 4th Street, A, Margam Road, Karnataka State,India, Bangalore, Karnataka 560025, IN
Our mission is to encourage young people to volunteer for worthwhile work in developing countries. We expect that doing this kind of voluntary work will in time become the norm. As more and more people join us, we aim to create a multi-national community with a passion to serve, to learn, to understand, to teach, to inspire, and to be inspired.
Kenosis Foundation (KF) is a not-for-profit voluntary organization, registered (Reg # 166/2013-2014) on 29th June 2013, under Sec.7 of the Indian Trusts Act 1882. We focus on rural areas and support women and the children of widows, single moms, abuse victims, victims of physical harassment, and disadvantaged, underprivileged and the economically weaker sections of society. Our head office is located in the city of Bangalore, Karnataka State, India.
We identify poorest of the poor rural villages and work for causes ranging from child welfare, health and education, economic empowerment for women, creating employment opportunities for dropout and underprivileged youths, health and hygiene in communities and schools, After School Programs, Women Self Help Groups (SHG’s), Teach English and Computer, Bio-organiz forming, Animal healthcare, Solidwaste management, building and renovation of beneficiaries homes and schools, youth vocational skill training, organize campaign and training, summer and health camps, life skills education in rural villages and schools, Renovation of beneficiaries house and construction of toilet, women's empowerment and empowering women to start self business and income generating (IGP) activities. Kenosis is committed to breaking the cycle of poverty in rural India.
Kenosis Foundation (KF), # 18/1, K- 4th Street,Ashoknagar Brigade Road,Bangalore, Karnataka State 560025India
December 28, 2021
- Physical Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum duration 1 to 2 weeks expected in the project.
- Able to pay for food, accommodation, flight cost, Visa, Health and Travel insurance, pick-up and drop-off to the airport, and registration fee to the organization.