Cat Care Manager at Petsmart Geneva, IL
Please visit the new page to apply.
SAYv Animal Organization is a start-up animal welfare organization working on life-sayving solutions throughout the U.S., Aruba and Puerto Rico. Our operations are based in Chicago and surrounding suburbs, and we are working to expand into Fort Wayne, Indiana, as well as Atoka, Oklahoma. We intend to eventually expand across the U.S. and add farm animals to our efforts. We are focused on technology, efficiency, networking and compassion. As a start-up organization, we have A LOT to learn and a lot to organize, but we are ready for the challenge and welcome any team member that has a go-getter attitude just like the rest of us!
This is a volunteer position for a manager of our Petsmart Geneva location. Thanks to an amazing partnership with Petsmart, we are now able to have cats in the Petsmart Geneva location, yay! In order to do this, we need somebody to help get this program off the ground AND run it on a go-forward basis as we expand.
- Work with the SAYv Operations Manager and team to onboard and train new Petsmart Geneva volunteers
- Oversee scheduling of shifts for volunteers (two shifts per day) - this may include putting volunteers onto the schedule, helping fill gaps in the schedule, sending reminders to volunteers of an upcoming shift, and more. If we don’t have someone to help oversee the schedule we could have big issues! This is a key element of the role
- Coordinate with Petsmart employees regarding scheduling, any issues that may arise, any challenges that may need to be addressed etc.
- Track and oversee the cats going in and coming out of Petsmart on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with SAYv team members regarding medical information of cats on site
- Coordinate with fosters about dropping off or picking up cats from Petsmart or arranging for transportation if needed
- Develop and expand on procedures for volunteers while they’re at Petsmart
- Create and oversee adoption events at Petsmart
- Coordinate adoptions at Petsmart
- Strategize on how to get more volunteers at Petsmart
- Support marketing efforts to excite and reach potential adopters
- Miscellaneous requests as needed
- Roughly 10 hours per week available for volunteering
- Ability to be reached throughout the day in case issues may arise (even if that means forwarding concerns onto another team member)
- Passion for animals and animal welfare
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively seek solutions
Please submit your application here: sayvanimals.org/volunteer then email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are applying for the Petsmart Geneva - SAYv Manager role.
About SAYV ANIMAL ORGANIZATION
25032 W Renwick Rd, PLAINFIELD, IL 60544, US
SAYv Animal Organization is focused on creating life-sayving solutions for homeless pets.
We are a start-up, no-nonsense animal welfare organization dedicated to creating life-sayving solutions as efficiently as possible.
1512 South Randall RoadGeneva, IL 60134
January 10, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per day or less