Small Animal Foster
Please visit the new page to apply.
The MN Pocket Pet Rescue relies on people from the community to open up their homes to the pocket pets in our care because we do not have a shelter location. MNPPR provides everything you need to care for your foster pets including but not limited to proper housing, food, bedding, toys, and vet care. Fosters must commit to a minimum of one year of fostering. This is because we never know how long an animal may need to stay in rescue and it is especially stressful for pocket pets to be moved around.
Before you can foster any animals, you will be asked to answer questions on specific species' care, so be sure to check out our care guides! For more information, contact our Animal Care Manager, Amanda. We are currently in desperate need for foster homes that can foster guinea pigs or rabbits. For rabbits, we are looking for homes that do not currently have any pet rabbits due to RHDV2.Specific job duties are below. Please visit our website for additional information.
- Provides a temporary home for animals until they are adopted. 6 month minimum commitment.
- Provides complete care for foster animals in their homes.
- Either transports or requests the transportation of animals to and from any necessary veterinary visits.
- Completes and maintains pet profiles including descriptions, photos, and videos.
- Updates the Animal Care Manager of any health or behavioral changes, including completing regular surveys and weight checks.
- Attends Meet & Greet and Adoption meetings with potential adopters.
- Maintains the adoption packet and ensures it is passed along to the adoptive family.
- Maintains communication with the Animal Care Manager.
About MN POCKET PET RESCUE
PO Box 6852, Saint Paul, MN 55106, US
MN Pocket Pet Rescue is a 501(c)3 organization committed to the rescue and adoption of small animals in the greater Twin Cities area. Our team is made up of enthusiastic and passionate volunteers who are ready to work hard to serve the underrepresented niche of small animals in the overall rescue community. Some of our small furry friends we specialize in helping include rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, chinchillas, degus, ferrets and sugar gliders. By working with the animal service community and reliable foster volunteers, MPPR aspires to save countless "pocket pets" and place them in the loving forever homes they deserve. We are proud to serve as a support system and resource base to our community by providing information and helping to educate pet owners on the proper care of a variety of small animals.
Minnesota Pocket Pet Rescue is a foster based organization committed to the rescue and adoption of small animals as well as community education in the greater Twin Cities area.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 24, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Orientation or Training
- Fosters will care for animals 24/7, as needed.