- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
In conjunction with the Executive Director, the Membership Manager will help the Veterans Healing Farm develop a strategy to bring in new members, and improve our current membership program. This position will be responsible for management and administration of VHF’s strategic partnerships and all aspects of member relations.
- Maintain regular member outreach.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members, including the creation of new member benefits and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Manage VHF’s service for members and strategic partners, including providing relevant information and resources on request, soliciting input from staff within their areas of expertise as needed.
- Curate VHF’s virtual resources for members.
- Manage VHF’s evaluation programs with a focus on member service excellence, including yearly member survey.
- In concert with the marketing and social media manager, coordinate website content and functionality to enhance membership and strategic partnership programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation experience preferred.
- Demonstrated facility with managing, facilitating and presenting to committees, trainings and groups, preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible and collaborative with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and positive, can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Power Point.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to VHF’s mission.
- 10 hours a week
Why You'll Love Volunteering with Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
About Veterans Healing Farm
38 Yale Road, Hendersonville, NC 28739, US
Transitioning from military life back into the civilian sector is a challenge all veterans face. Unfortunately, many veterans lack the adequate tools and resources needed to meet this challenge. The results are an alarmingly high rate of veteran suicide, depression, divorce, and substance abuse. Our mission is to aid our nation's veterans through what is perhaps the most challenging aspect of the military experience: Coming Home.
We help empower veterans reintegrating into civilian life by growing produce, raising farm animals, and conducting seminars on holistic health and sustainability. Additionally, we foster a thriving micro-community of veterans and civilians who build deep friendships, implement innovative gardening techniques, and help cultivate emotional, physical, and spiritual health. The goal is to personally empower vets through the realization that their own efforts and contributions are important to our community.
There is a strong sense of community in the military, which is accomplished when young men and women are put together and forced to trust and rely on complete strangers to accomplish a goal. These relationships are fast forming under intense pressure. This is a drastic difference compared to civilian life where it is easy to feel isolated and relationships evolve at a different pace.
We believe that friendship, connectedness and community are vitally important to overall health and wellness. We provide meaningful activity through our garden work, which is done in a peaceful and safe atmosphere. We encourage healthy habits like eating well and physical activity. Finally, we cultivate self-empowerment, which is achieved when one realizes that they are an important part of the community and others trust and depend on their contributions. We have a regular potluck dinners and host a variety of events such as concerts, outdoor movies, and bonfires.
38 Yale RoadVeterans Healing FarmHendersonvilleHendersonville, NC 28739
December 23, 2021
- Organization Design
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 10-15 hours a week.