Volunteer - Executive Assistant to the CEO
Please visit the new page to apply.
ARISE Impact is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2010, committed to transforming the learning process of visually challenged individuals through our innovative technology resources and aids. Our vision for innovative technology transformed into a mission to make a difference by making useful self-learning possible. This helps us contribute to UNV SD4 by promoting quality and inclusive education for all.
At ARISE Impact , your contributions as a volunteer will support in transforming the lives of the disabled. We empower you to take ownership of projects and see your ideas come to life. As a volunteer in the human resources function, you will be part of an inclusive team that creates immense value by understanding the staffing needs of the organization and plays a crucial role in finding and hiring the right people, which will directly affect the success of the organization in making a difference. We are flexible, promote an open-door policy, and practice team sharing & learning. We are a non-discriminatory organization and welcome all to apply. Further, your volunteering will contribute to SDG4-Promoting inclusive and quality education for all.
Here’s your opportunity to partner with us in creating value for self and others.
Title: Volunteer: Executive Assistant
Location: Open and Virtual
Long/Short term: Long term (1year minimum)
Hours: 10 -12 hrs. over Weekdays/Weekends (M, T, W, T, F, S, S)
Position Summary: We are looking for an Executive Assistant to increase the productivity of our CEO by providing organizational and administrative support to our CEO
- Proven experience (1 years+) required as an executive assistant to the CEO of a start-up or a non-profit organization.
- Proficient in entire Google drive suite and social media platforms
- Managing the CEO's calendar and task list effectively
- including making appointments, organizing meetings, scheduling, and sending reminders; ensuring meetings are coordinated seamlessly.
- Manage the CEO’s task list and assist as required.
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings as required
- Supports the general operations of the Office including development and review of correspondence, assisting with slide creation, and meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks such as maintaining accounts, and tracking financials by communicating and coordinating with relevant teams
- Managing the organization’s WhatsApp group memberships and ensuring coordination amongst members on key projects.
- Providing general administrative support and strategic counsel to the CEO
- Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good network internet connection, and familiarity with social media platforms in specific WhatsApp and Skype
- Must be an excellent communicator in professional English, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in a virtual setting.
- Must be very emotionally intelligent and relationship-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- High professional standards, including integrity, accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
- A passion for building and growing relationships.
- Motivation/experience in working for/with persons with disabilities
- Sense of accomplishment & fulfillment while changing the world
- Working for people with disabilities
- Be a part of a growing, self-motivated star team
- Volunteering certificate from ARISE Impact
- Professional development and opportunity to learn new skills
- Job opportunities by building your resume and network with others
- Have fun while meeting new people
About ARISE Impact
#3265, Sector 35-D, Chandigarh, Punjab 160022, IN
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) Impact is a mission oriented non-profit enabling self-learning for differently-abled.
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) is a non-profit Charitable Trust headquartered at Chandigarh, and recognized with charitable status. We develop and disseminate self-learning resources for the differently-abled and marginal communities. Our philosophy is of self-learning leading self-awareness, empowerment and hence, focusing on increasing engagement with education and likelihood of employability over the longer term.
We started serving our mission first in 2010, with Special Education Module for Visually Challenged at Institute for the Blind, Sector 26, Chandigarh. Special Education Module is a talking audio resource compatible across various devices, especially mobile platforms. We conducted in-classroom on-ground research studies to build models of cognitive learning for visually challenged children and their skillset and learning gaps. Based on our research, we have developed over 200 SEMs and distributed to more than 300 visually challenged children in India. Our impact has shown in typical 21% increase in test scores, shifting second-divisions to first, and gaining 98-100% engagement levels with our SEMs.
ARISE was the winner NGO in the Mobile Usage category under eNGO Challenge Awards (2014) amongst 700 NGOs in South Asia region and a Social Enterprise partner for City Awake Conference in Boston, USA
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 22, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- 10 -12 hrs. over Weekdays/Weekends (M, T, W, T, F, S, S)
- Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good network internet connection, and familiarity with social media platforms in specific WhatsApp and Skype Must be an excellent communicator in professional English, both verbal and written.