Veterinary Treatment Room Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Mission Animal Hospital is looking for a volunteer to maintain basic hospital cleanliness and assist with general efficiency and flow of the day. Volunteers will work in pet treatment areas, where our veterinarians and staff care for dogs and cats.
- Clean and maintain the dog and cat wards, including wiping down kennels and washing pet bowls or litter boxes
- Clean and sanitize surgical instruments and other medical equipment in accordance with standardized protocols
- Organize and pack surgical instruments
- Perform laundry and maintain cleanliness and organization of the laundry room
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of janitorial closets
- Vacuum, wipe down, and dust areas and equipment as needed, including examination rooms and treatment areas
- Assist with general care for hospitalized pets, including taking out dogs to go to the bathroom as needed
- Pick up and dispose of pet waste in outside common areas
- Additional tasks, as they arise
03:00 PM to 06:30 PM
Shift dates will change weekly to compliment staffing demands.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MISSION ANIMAL HOSPITAL
10100 Viking Drive, Suite 150, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55344, US
Mission Animal Hospital is the first and only nonprofit full-service animal hospital in the Midwest. We believe that every pet, regardless of their owners' income, deserves high-quality, timely veterinary care. We provide financial assistance programming to eliminate unnecessary suffering and preventable deaths of pets whose owners cannot afford the care they need.
At Mission, we are seeing over thirty-five percent more pets per month, a fact that tells us many owners desperately need our help. With an anticipated 15,000 patients visiting our hospital this year, we continue to provide programs to support all pet owners, including:
- Subsidizing veterinary care for all pets with Team Mission: As a member of our Team Mission, clients receive the best in class veterinary services from our talented team while still enjoying pricing an average of 20% below other area providers. When you pay for your pet’s care at Mission, you effectively open the door for more pet lovers to access care.
- Removing barriers to veterinary care for qualifying clients with our Mission Qualified Assistance Program: Almost 60% percent of Mission’s clients rely on discounted pricing offered to those who qualify. Pets receive the high-quality, timely care needed regardless of their owners’ financial status.
- Working to ensure that no pet suffers unnecessarily with our Mission Assistance Fund: Financial supportavailable in time-sensitive, high-need situations when pets and their owners are under extreme financial stress and facing often life-threatening health challenges. Over 100 pets and their families have benefitted from the Mission Assistance Fund this year alone.
10100 Viking Dr.Ste 150Eden Prairie, MN 55344
December 21, 2021
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers will assist our staff veterinary care team for 3 hour shifts, generally 3:00-6:30pm
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 4 hours