Director of Finance (Volunteer/Virtual)
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are searching for a highly-analytical Director of Finance to oversee our company’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with input on best practices for company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
Your duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success.
You will not need to perform accounting duties but advise on best practices.
- Responsible for financial documentation needed in the grant writing process for review by any auditing authority.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Perform regular financial analysis. Analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of Projects and Programs
- Establish financial targets and advise on how to reach them.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
- Overseeing audit and tax functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
About Capoeira Social Project
918 S. Curley Street, (admin only), Baltimore, MD 21224, US
Capoeira Social Project (CSP) is an educational non-profit organization that provides martial, performing, visual and linguistic arts programing through the lens of capoeira, an Afro-Brazilian martial art, and movement form. Capoeira Social Project has been established for the purpose of providing instruction to the greater Mid-Atlantic area, with a specific focus on underprivileged youth (ages 7-18, or grades 2-12) of Baltimore City, with affiliates in Belo Horizonte, MG - Brasil. Instruction focuses on the physical aspects of Capoeira and Afro-Brazilian dances: Cocos, Sambas, Maculele, Frevo. There is an innate musical aspect to these art forms and as such, the necessary musical (both vocal and instrumental) accompaniment is also be taught. The historical origins of the arts are also an integral part of the instruction. Through this organization, participants also gain understanding of the historical, philosophical, and lyrical significances of these cultural arts.
With affiliates in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Capoeira Social Project brings the Afro-Brazilian martial art and movement form to school-aged youth in Baltimore, MD and connects schools and events throughout the DMV to the benefits with workshops and open classes.
In our visual arts programs participants learn to paint, stain, and pyrography wood, and basketweaving to create musical instruments. They also learn the art of screen printing to create uniforms, costumes, and fundraising campaigns.
The nature of capoeira/dance/music training provides innumerable benefits for young minds in often-overlooked communities, incorporating elements of physical education, history, music, language, and social cooperation in a single martial art practice.
Instructors emphasize the integrated benefits during lessons, including improvements to physical health in children, cognitive enrichment through second language acquisition, development of motor skills and coordination through musical instruction, cultural engagement and exchange, and continuous reinforcement of various academic concepts.
Through training of these arts, participants gain strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, rhythm, self awareness and self confidence.
Capoeira Social Project is dedicated to a justice-based approach to distribution of community resources and focuses its operations in under-resourced communities in Baltimore, with the long-term goal of improving educational attainment and life course outcomes for members of the communities it serves.
Multiple locations Baltimore, MD 21224
December 21, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Business Development
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 18
- As a voluntary board of director position we desire a commitment of at least a year of involvement. Quarterly meetings and meeting established time constrained objectives are the primary commitments. Note: Not a 40hr/week position
- We ask each of our board of directors to try to meet a $2,000/year donation/fundraising goal.