Allegany County Support Group Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia. Support Group Facilitators:
- Facilitate groups of caregivers or people living with dementia to provide social and educational support helping group members provide emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members and assure a positive experience for attendees.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
The Association is seeking volunteer candidates with:
- Strong listening and effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to be empathic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Ability to redirect and facilitate discussion as well as fulfill the Facilitator duties and responsibilities as described in onboarding.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
About Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
1850 York Road Suite D, Timonium, MD 21093, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association offers a 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) to provide information and advice in more than 170 languages, over 60 support groups in Greater Maryland that provide a safe and confidential enviroment for conversation, support, guidance and resources, a variety of education programs for families, professionals and individuals facing dementia, safety services for people with Alzheimer's who wander, early stage engagement programs, care consulations and referrals for services to aid those living with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocary, fighting for critical research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal levels.
Multiple locations Cumberland, MD 21502
December 21, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21