Garrett County Community Representatives
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
Please visit the new page to apply.
Alzheimer's Association Community Representatives are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer's Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer’s Association services. Community Representatives:
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association at a target of 12 community events / year (in person or virtually) in neighborhoods, rural counties, business and civic organizations or faith communities.
- Offer 20-minute Introduction to Alzheimer’s presentations for community organizations, congregations, civic organizations, sororities / fraternities, clubs and other locations.
- Promote support groups, education programs, Alzheimer & Brain Awareness Month, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media and physical displays in your community.
- Connect the Alzheimer's Association to new community organizations and connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities.
The Association is seeking volunteer candidates with:
- Self-motivated individual that is comfortable reaching out to individuals, organizations and families in need and connecting them to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfort with computers and email.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 18 to apply. Background checks are required.
About Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
502 Washington Ave, Suite 300, Towson, MD 21204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association offers a 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) to provide information and advice in more than 170 languages, over 60 support groups in Greater Maryland that provide a safe and confidential enviroment for conversation, support, guidance and resources, a variety of education programs for families, professionals and individuals facing dementia, safety services for people with Alzheimer's who wander, early stage engagement programs, care consulations and referrals for services to aid those living with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocary, fighting for critical research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal levels.
Multiple locations Oakland, MD 21550
August 1, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18