21 people are interested
Community Outreach Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Montefiore Medical Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
- Coordinate social media and community based outreach for the PrEP and HIV Prevention Programs.
- Assist in planning and participation in events.
- Monitor measurement and analysis of social media initiatives.
- Attend team meetings and training as needed/required/appropriate.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at Drop in Center site, report maintenance and safety issues to manager.
- Occasionally assist with food pantry distribution.
- Knowledge about needs of LGBTQ populations in the Bronx
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferably Bilingual (not required)
- Must commit to 100 hours of volunteer services.
More information about volunteering at Montefiore: https://www.montefiore.org/volunteer
*Please make sure to add your availability, resume and specify specific volunteer opportuntiy*
About Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10467, US
The mission of Montefiore is to heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the communities we serve. From its beginning in 1884, as a facility for the care of patients with tuberculosis and other chronic illnesses, to the new millennium, Montefiore has been at the forefront of patient care, research and education and steadfast commitment to its community. We provide coordinated, compassionate and leading-edge care designed to reach people when and where they need it most. Through highly integrated teams of physicians, nurses, social workers, mental health professionals and other caregivers, we have created an innovative, seamless system of care focused around the patient.
People of all ages and walks of life are among the hundreds of volunteers that we welcome each year. Montefiore's state-of-the-art facilities create a dynamic learning environment for those who want to gain experience or share their time and knowledge with others.
Volunteers at Montefiore work in both patient and non-patient settings in more than 200 departments. Our volunteers are appreciated and highly valued. Every effort is made to match each individual with an appropriate and satisfying assignment.
3058 Bainbridge AvenueBronx, NY 10467
September 6, 2022
- Youth Services
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours during their time at Montefiore. 4 hour weekly minimum/ 24 hour weekly maximum (unless winter/summer sessions for students)