2 people are interested
Software Engineer - DevX
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Hello! We need your help continuously improving our developer experience! PublicGood Foundation is a start-up charity that relies on volunteer efforts. We need to create smooth paths for code contributions and collaborations to ensure the best volunteer developer experience possible which will also help maximize delivered value. There is so much potential to make a difference in this space and our incremental improvements start near zero.
We are committed to Lean Software Development, Clean Code, Clean Architecture, trunk-based usage of git, and prefer shipping artifacts over a git ref. All of your work products will be open-source where you will be free to reference the projects publicly, include them in a portfolio, or re-use the work product in other roles.
Foundationally, we need to create and ship sharable configurations and patterns for our tool chains.
- Functional TypeScript/NodeJS (we will eventually need to address WASM and RustLang stacks as well).
- Prettier, ESLint Jest, Parcel, Husky, VS Code, GitHub Workflows & GitHub Releases.
- Per-service boundary / bounded context monorepo pattern using NPM Workspaces and ESlint Boundaries.
- Automatic artifact releases with tools such as semantic-release or Auto but supporting our trunk-based workflow rather than gitflow workflow.
Other DX projects include items such as:
- Declarative Pulumi ESLint rules (only allow OPP where required to interact with Pulumi SDKs. etc).
- GitHub App to manage our organizations with distributed control.
- Code generator that supports refactoring such as an integration with hygen and recast.
- Pattern for framework agnostic (ReactJS, Sevelt) UI component library leveraging StoryBook, XState, and Figma integration.
- Embeddable, per GitHub project, cycle-time and monte carlo analytics.
- Ephemeral k8s based development environments - local and remote. Loft, GitPod, etc.
- Adoption of nix and Bazel for hermetically sealed, distributed, incremental builds.
- Developer portal, perhaps using Backstage but we need to support external, ad-hoc contributors.
While we expect everyone to learn from each other this is not an internship role, we do need experienced software engineers. Taking the lead on an initiative will require a minimum of 10 hour a week commitment which we think will work out for a part-time contributor getting their social good fix as a volunteer moonlighter, but we would be quite excited about temporary full-time volunteers that are in-between day-jobs.
About PublicGood Foundation
111 Main Street, Burlington, WY 82411, US
PublicGood Foundation enables causes and accelerates startups delivering public good.
PublicGood Foundation is a charity, founded to take on the generic and supporting subdomains all nonprofit businesses and initiatives are straddled with, thus allowing social entrepreneurs to focus their energy and talent on the core subdomain - the parts of the operation that are special and unique to their mission.
Expedite meaningful change
Reduce barriers to momentum with flexible, right sized, self-service, business services and infrastructure, including financial, compliance, business management, marketing automation, and employee benefits services.
Endow with guidance, expertise, and capital
Be a trusted, helpful partner in championing our client’s mission with legal, accounting, and fundraising professionals combined with direct granting and lending opportunities.
Achieve sustainability and scale though Open Source and Lean principles
Deliver more value and lower cost to clients of all sizes though building upon the commons and in Lean operations.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Computer Science
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- 10 hours to drive an initiative, but also interested in engineers needing more of an ad-hoc commitment.