Financial Officer | Military Youth Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Maintain unit’s liquid assets (i.e., money) in a business or commercial financial account
- Properly document its expenses and deposits by keeping original or accurate copies of all receipts for a minimum of five years, or longer if required under state law
- Reconcile the unit’s bank account on at least a monthly basis
- Collects funds and pays accounts (ensures mess and berthing bills are paid)
- Processes rebates/refunds
- In conjunction with the CO, prepares the Audit Report (NSCTNG 010) for NHQ
- Report to Commanding Officer
This position is for someone who would like to potentially volunteer on a regular basis (about one weekend a month) and become an officer. Officers are volunteer leaders committing to support the mission of the unit and wear authorized Navy uniforms.
A volunteer must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, free of felony convictions, possess good moral character, a sound mind, and be capable of credibly communicating USNSCC values to our cadets. Each adult will undergo a background investigation during the enrollment process.
Military Benefits, if applicable
- Reserve Drill Time and/or Drill Time Points
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Impact the lives and careers of our youth
- Participate in fun events like (mock medical disasters, SEAL training, live firefighting, FBI crime scene investigation, and so much more)
- Make strong professional community connections
- Develop military bearing if you are unfamiliar
- Participate in an array of community service activities
About Marvin Shields Battalion
4004 Airport Rd, Plant City, FL 33563, US
MARVIN SHIELDS BATTALION IS A UNIT WITHIN THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SEA CADET CORPS (USNSCC), A YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SPONSORED BY THE U.S. NAVY. OUR MISSION IS TO BUILD LEADERS OF CHARACTER. WE DO SO BY OFFERING AMERICA’S YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN HANDS-ON AND EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NAVY AND ITS SISTER SERVICES, IN ORDER TO INSTILL THE HIGHEST IDEALS OF HONOR, RESPECT, COMMITMENT, AND SERVICE.
Marvin Shields Battalion is a Tampa Bay based unit of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, a leadership development nonprofit for young people, ages 10 through 17. Sponsored by the Navy League of the United States and supported by both the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard, our passionate all-volunteer force leads our units. Every year our cadets participate in training opportunities such as scuba, field and medical training, photojournalism, military police science and sailing. When cadets join the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, they embark upon a path of lifelong leadership. The program will teach them how to lead groups of their peers successfully and will also inspire them to become leaders in their schools and communities.
4004 Airport RoadPlant City, FL 33563
January 19, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum of one weekend each month