- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Madres Luchadoras Coordinator (Women's Empowerment Project)
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
The goal of our Madres Luchadoras project is to provide technical & productive tools and socio-emotional support to at-risk mothers and thus generate a source of employment for the women of Intiwawa's communities of impact which empowers them through their participation in economic-productive and leadership activities, including textile training workshops, socio-emotional support as well as finance classes. This source of work will in turn allow them to generate a permanent income to support their households without the need to disengage from caring for their children.
As our Madres Luchadoras Project coordinator, you will be responsible for managing and developing all activities related to this project, from planning to execution & evaluation of the textile training, socio-emotional, and financial workshops for our participating mothers, including inventories involving the control and distribution of alpaca fibers. You will be responsible for coordinating the Madres Luchadoras team which includes the textile trainer, project leader, psychologist, financial classes leader. You will work closely with the participating mothers, as well as with the General Director and Programs Manager, Sales & E-commerce coordinator, Marketing & communications team, and the Finance Coordinator. In this key position, you will take this project to its next phase in line with this project’s empowerment objectives.
- Work onsite in Mollebaya district (located 1:30 - 02:00 hours from the center of Arequipa) in close coordination with the participating mothers, the Project Leader, and the Sales & E-commerce coordinator.
- Develop an annual work plan with objectives, resources & budget, and calendar in line with this project’s mission and Intiwawa’s values, including a training and production schedule.
- Coordinate the execution of the workshops and manage the recruitment, registration, retention and attendance of participants.
- Under the supervision of the Finance coordinator, General director, and Project Manager, manage and administer the project budget.
- In conjunction with the trainer and Project leader, prepare and implement the textile training schedule and coordinate the monitoring & evaluation of the project.
- Coordinate the schedule of all academic and counseling activities in which the mothers are involved with the project leader, psychologist and financial trainer.
- Supervise the Project leader and trainer during the textile workshops as well as inventory control activities.
- Prepare and coordinate periodic feedback meetings with the project team, as well as participate in bi-weekly comité meetings.
- Create a final report at the end of the year.
- Ensure compliance with internal rules and procedures.
- Others as assigned by the Program Manager & General Director.
- Previous experience in women's empowerment programs and/or circular fashion.
- Previous project management experience, including managing a small team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, and assertive communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and high adaptability.
- Empathetic skills to cultivate a trusting relationship with project participants.
- The position is voluntary (unpaid) and part-time (around 25 hours/week)
- Flexible schedule
- Low-cost housing available
- A letter of reference and certificate will be provided at the end of the term
Please send a letter of motivation, CV and your criminal record certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Isidro, Arequipa, Arequipa 89282, PE
Intiwawa is a dynamic and young organization with the goal of fighting poverty in the slums of Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru. Founded as a German-Peruvian organization in 2007, we now consist of an international team volunteering in Peru and in Germany. Our goal is the integral development of the children and their parents and a sustainable improvement of their living standards. To achieve this goal and fight the symptoms of poverty, Intiwawa carries out projects in several areas: Education: Homework support, English classes, computer classes Health: Dentist project, healthy nutrition, personal hygiene Strengthening sociocultural values: Social workshops and cultural workshops Strengthening environmental values: Recycling, planting plants Projects with the parents: Parent’s School, Knitting projects for the mothers For more information please check: www.intiwawa.org/projects.html
Simply. Helping. Intiwawa is fighting poverty in Peru
No costs! Volunteering with Intiwawa is for free!
100% rule: All donations go directly into the project, we all work together for only one reason: To improve the lives of the children!
International motivated team: At Intiwawa, international and Peruvian volunteers work together hand in hand!
Professional experiences: Specialize yourself in an area of your choice and make valuable experiences for your career!
Creativity and responsibility: You have an idea for a project or an event? At Intiwawa anyone can assume responsibilities and show initiative!
Flexibility: Work with us when you want, in the area you want and how long you want (minimum 3 months)!
Life in Peru: Make unforgettable memories in Arequipa, your future second home!
Benefits for you
Working with Intiwawa is unpaid, but brings other advantages:
Interesting insights in the work of an NGO
Certificate according to your specialization in Project Management, Event Organizing, Marketing, Finance, Social work, Psychology or Education
Perfectionized Spanish skills
International contacts in the Intiwawa Community
And of course, the biggest reward: The happy faces of our children!
Calle Santa CatalinaArequipa, Arequipa Peru
December 19, 2021
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18