3 people are interested
Volunteer on Cruises Ships - Autism on the Seas
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Autism on the Seas (since 2007) organizes cruises and provides volunteer professional staff for families with special needs, primarily developmental disabilities.
TRAVEL FREE as a Volunteer
- Exciting and unique on the job experience working with families with special needs
- Hundreds of Volunteer positions available throughout the year, providing care for children with special needs, and interacting with their families onboard cruises
- Cruise onboard Royal Caribbean, Disney, Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Resort Stays are also available at Disney World and Beaches Resorts (Turks & Caicos, Jamaica, etc)
- Cruises depart from various cities in CA, FL, LA, MD, NJ, NY, SC, TX, VA, WA
- Visit exciting ports in the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexican Riviera, Europe and Alaska
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of cruise
- Must hold at least a 4-year degree in a related field: child development, special education, sociology, phycology, social work, behavior therapy, physical/occupational therapy, etc.
- Experience in caring for children and/or adults with developmental disabilities
- Staff (ratio 1:2) provides respite, assistance during group events and meals throughout the cruise
- The schedule provides for "free" time for staff to enjoy ports of visit, and other times during the cruise
Compensation / Commitment
- Staff positions are volunteer, and cruise fare is complimentary
- No commitment beyond each cruise is required
- Volunteer for 1 or more cruises per year, all up to YOUR availability
- Flight assistance to cities of cruise departure is available for some cruises
- Families tip volunteers at end of each cruise
Certificate of Completion and Recommendation Letters
- Certificate of Completion
- Recommendation letters available upon request
For more information, and to apply: https://AutismontheSeas.com/Volunteer
Cruise with us and find out first hand why our volunteers line up to cruise with us again & again
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About AUTISM ON THE SEAS FOUNDATION INC
15 OAK GLEN DR, SHELTON, CT 06484, US
Our Mission is to enrich the lives of families with autism and other developmental disabilities by providing the support required for family bonding, stress relief opportunities, reducing disability travel related barriers, and increasing public empathy through our financial assistance programs that help provide community support systems, travel subsidies, professional staffing services, quality of life research, and professional consultation and training to the travel industry.
The Autism on the Seas Foundation (AotSF) was born from the understanding of the tremendous financial impact that having a child with special needs has on families. Statistics show that caregivers of children and adults with special needs spend on average $20,000 more per year caring for their loved ones than families with typically developing members. Based on the feedback we get from families that travel with us, we know the value and benefit that taking vacations has for these families, both individually and collectively. Unfortunately, due to the financial strains on many of these families, a vacation is not a realistic consideration and in some cases is financially impossible.
The main objective of AotSF is to provide financial assistance for families to vacation with Autism on the Seas. We intend to achieve that objective by both individual fundraising and attracting corporate financial backing in order to sponsor as many families as possible annually.
Multiple locations Shelton, CT 06484
December 19, 2021
- Mental Health
- Child Development
- Physical Therapy
- Special Needs
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- - No commitment beyond each cruise is required - Volunteer for 1 or more cruises per year, all up to YOUR availability