1 person is interested
Music Therapy Advocate
ORGANIZATION: Resounding Joy, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Resounding Joy seeks a volunteer with an interest in advancing music therapy within the San Diego community.
We are seeking volunteers who can help with any of the following:
- Attend and participate in community collaborative meetings, such as those hosted by the County of San Diego and the San Diego Military Family Collaborative
- Represent the organization in the community and provide feedback to staff on opportunities to advance music therapy within underrepresented communities
- Seek out opportunities for collaboration
- Contact local civic organizations such as Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions’ Club, and other groups and arrange with staff, Board, or interns to make presentations.
- Compile list of academic institutions and determine possible partnerships, reach out to Greek organizations for fundraisers.
About Resounding Joy, Inc.
10455 Sorrento Valley Rd., Ste 208, San Diego, CA 92121, US
Resounding Joy enhances the human experience through the therapeutic use of music.
Resounding Joy enhances the human experience with therapeutic applications of music. We uplift individuals and families with challenging conditions, help them achieve their goals, and support health and wellness throughout the community.
Our music therapists are highly-trained professionals, who after graduating with an approved degree in music therapy, complete a 1,200-hour internship and a challenging national board certification test. Music therapists’ education encompasses biology, psychology, and neurology, as well as training in voice, guitar, piano, percussion, and often other instruments to accommodate various evidence-based interventions.
We offer our powerful and cost-effective music therapy services through three main programs:
- Healing Notes - music therapy to support children in medical care
- Semper Sound - music therapy to assist military rehabilitation
- Community Connections - music therapy for all
The Resounding Joy vision is to expand international awareness and to increase access to the power of music for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
10455 Sorrento Valley Rd., Ste 208San DiegoSan Diego, CA 92121
August 16, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check