Donated Supplies Coordinator (Virtual) - Save Cats and Dogs
Please visit the new page to apply.
Donated Supplies Coordinator
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Donated Supplies Coordinator, you'll be responsible for collecting, organizing, maintaining inventory and distributing donated supplies to Dallas Pets Alive (DPA) fosters.
**To be considered, please complete our official volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Foster Director
Works with: DPA Foster, TNR and Transport teams, DPA fosters, supply donors, DPA leadership and other volunteers
- Log and maintain supply inventory on Google Sheets
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supplies at storage facility
- Monitor donations inbox daily and respond within 24-48 hours to all inquiries
- Regularly communicate supply availability and needs
- Coordinate with donors for donated supplies hand-off and pick up and with fosters for pick up at volunteers’ homes in DFW or storage facility located in north Dallas on a regular basis
- Communicate with volunteers and other team members as needed
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission
- HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access
- Physically able to lift and move heavy items such as large dog crates
- Own a truck or SUV preferred due to size and volume of some donated items
- Google Drive experience preferred
- Must be objective, prompt and professional at all times
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
No physical location, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2022
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 1-2 hours per week
- Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week