Get Food to the People--Become a Food Packer!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Ever want to connect to your community through food?
Ever thought that two hours of your time each week could help feed 1,000 Kansas City families?!
The Food Packing Expert will assist the Food Pantry Manager in setting up food packing activities for volunteers, pack items for food distribution, help track inventory, and train other volunteers as needed. The JFS Food Pantry is seeking someone who help us get food to our clients in an efficient and thoughtful manner! This activity could be tackled by a single individual or a pair looking for a rewarding activity. Hours will fall between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday--hours are flexible to the volunteer's schedule.
- Work with pantry staff to retrieve items from our warehouse locations and set-up these items so that they may be effectively assembled by volunteers
- Help to organize items for optimal sorting and packing
- Lift items on/off pallets and onto table tops
- Label items so that they can be efficiently packed
- Communicate to Food Pantry Manager any items that need to be replenished so that they may be ordered
- Interface with staff and guests/clients in a manner consistent with the agency’s mission
- Able to approach situations with calm
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on a consistent basis
- Ability to team lift 25+ pounds
- Ability to push/pull rolling carts of 1000+ pounds
- Once trained, have the ability to take direction and proceed autonomously
- Adaptable and flexible
- Easily approachable
- Enjoys organizing to help identify/institute efficiencies
- Ability to be trained in a fast-paced atmosphere
- The volunteer will be trained and supervised by Food Pantry Manager and other JFS Staff as needed.
- Volunteers will be briefed on daily tasks to be performed prior to each shift with an opportunity to provide feedback to maximize pantry operations.
- Volunteers should wear closed toe shoes and comfortable clothing that they can move/process items in with ease.
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
425 East 63rd StreetKansas CityKansas City, MO 64110
December 17, 2021
- Inventory Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week, flexible to volunteer schedule