13 people are interested
Help Plan a Special Event!
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
CentroNía is a nationally recognized, award-winning early learning community whose mission is to educate children and youth, and strengthen families in a bilingual, multicultural environment. Since our founding in 1986, CentroNía has expanded and adapted our programs to meet the evolving needs of the low-income, immigrant community we serve.
Today, our early childhood centers - four based in Washington, DC and one in Takoma Park, MD, with an additional center in development in Silver Spring, MD - provide affordable, high-quality bilingual early childhood education and wraparound family support services to over 2,400 children, youth and families.
Why do we need your help?
CentroNía’s Development & Communications Department needs help to organize and deliver a major fundraising event. By volunteering, you will represent CentroNía, offer practical support, and help us raise funds for vital programs and services. We are looking for up to six (6) committed and skilled individuals to work in a small team of volunteers to deliver this event.
What will I be doing?
This volunteer role spans a fixed period starting from mid-January 2022 until the end of May 2022. Within the role, you could do one, or all, of the following activities:
- Assist with the planning and execution of a fundraising event.
- Undertake administrative responsibilities relating to the planning and liaise with event sponsors and donors.
- Attend the event and assist with day-of tasks to ensure successful event delivery.
- Work under the direction of various members of the event committee, staff, or other volunteers, who will provide task-specific training as needed.
- Be the 'face’ of CentroNía and be able to tell people what we do and how they can support us.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and passion for non-profit event organization and work
- A personal and friendly manner
- Conﬁdence to interact with the public
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- An honest and trustworthy nature
This is a flexible and ad hoc role. We would like you to be available at least 2 - 3 hours a week during the planning period and available for 4 - 5 hours to attend the event but we understand it depends on the timing of the planning activities and event and your availability.
How will I be trained and supported?
- You will receive a full induction to CentroNía and to your role
- You will have a member of staff who will support you and answer any queries you have
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of children and low-income families
- Utilizing your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
- The opportunity to meet new people and speak to people about the work of CentroNía
- CentroNía will act as a referrer for you and where applicable, credit you for your participation and input.
- Receive credit in CentroNía’s Annual Report.
- Receive appropriate work reference
This role will be local to the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia area with options for remote working during the planning phase. The role will also require in-person participation for the event, with COVID protocols
How do I apply?
Contact Patrick Salami, on (202) 332-4200 | Email: email@example.com
More opportunities with CentroNia7 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1420 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC 20009, US
Educating children and youth, and strengthening families, in a bilingual, multicultural environment
CentroNía is a nationally recognized, award-winning educational organization providing affordable, high-quality early childhood education; professional development to educators; and family support services to nearly 2,400 low-income children, youth, and families with programs in the District of Columbia metropolitan region.
Founded over 35 years ago, CentroNía is a multicultural learning community with a pioneering approach to bilingual education. Our holistic approach ensures that the children and families we serve receive the support and encouragement they need to succeed academically, develop a strong sense of community, and live a healthy and active life. CentroNía's services include award-winning and nationally accredited early learning programs; family support services; a school meals program that is recognized by the USDA and Michelle Obama; and out-of-school time programs that create opportunities for learning after school and over the summer.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 2, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- We would like you to be available at least 2–3 hrs/week during the planning period and available for 4-5 hours to attend the event, but we can be flexible depending on your availability.