3 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. As a Volunteer
Coordinator, you will mainly be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers for our
nonprofit society. In addition, you will be delegating responsibilities to volunteers and training
selected people for their future position.
● Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance
● Maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer assignment
● Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix,
and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
● Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training
● Schedule all volunteer activity
● Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
● Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer
● Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work
● Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates
● Work with Marketing and Public Relations and Social Media to publicize opportunities for
● Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
● BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant fields from a
four-year accredited college or university strongly preferred. ·
● Proven experience as Volunteer Coordinator or similar role
● Experience in volunteering
● Experience in sourcing and recruiting
● Good knowledge in different recruiting methods
● Some knowledge in Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing
● Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
● Experience using HR and recruiting tools
● Team player
● Good time-management skills
● Great interpersonal and communication skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About North Alabama Zoological Society
4100 Market St SW Suite 100, Huntsville, AL 35767, US
To create a world-class zoo and aquarium that: 1) will connect the communities and visitors of North Alabama with the world’s wildlife and wild purposes; 2) will be a standard of wildlife conservation action, research, and education; and 3) will inspire a better tomorrow.
We are a wildlife and nature conservation and education organization located in North Alabama. While our main goal is to open a zoo and aquarium, we engage the community everyday in doing education and conservation service.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 15, 2021
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- 2-4 hrs. weekly