12 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Virtual Administrative Assistant
STRIVE4YOU is a nationwide nonprofit based in Nashville TN dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with disabilities by providing the resources, education, and most importantly the opportunities for them to live healthy fulfilling lives using a peer-to-peer approach of support! Providing services through adaptive recreation & sports, communication & self-advocacy, & life skill training, as well as safety education & self-defense to empower and foster personal growth. We take a two-prong approach to support our clients by providing program offerings to both people with disabilities as well as training and support to those that people with disabilities work and interact within their communities every day.
Our programs include life skills and advocacy classes for transition-age youth, adaptive physical activities for children of all ages, recreation, and sports programs for people with disabilities, Safety Education & Self Defense specifically designed for people with disabilities, advocacy training, and peer-to-peer mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist our clients through their individual situations. We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services in communities across the United States, which provides the knowledge, resources, and tools to ensure a more inclusive society full of opportunities rather than negative stereotypes. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person firsthand workshops, and seminars at conferences. Learn more at https://strive4you.org.Position Overview
STRIVE4YOU is searching for an experienced, dependable, and task-oriented Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will collaborate directly with the Co-Executive Directors of STRIVE4YOU and other senior staff performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly initiative-taking, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced non-profit environment. This position is currently a part-time volunteer skill-based role with a growing nonprofit team. There is some flexibility on schedule within a normal M-F work week and the opportunity to work remotely.Compensation
This position is currently being offered for both course credit and as a Skilled Volunteer opportunity with plans to turn into a paid position soon as part of our strategic plan. Students should discuss with their career office and/or their professor prior to applying to determine if this job description meets course credit requirements.Position Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for general administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Receiving and transmitting of both internal and external communications including written, email, and phone.
- Overseeing scheduling of meetings, travel, and other events.
- Light bookkeeping using QuickBooks including inputting expenditures and deposits, recording donations, and running reports as needed.
- Maintaining electronic files using Dropbox.
- Attending and transcribing minutes of weekly staff and other meetings as needed.
- Developing promotional, marketing, & general materials for public distribution including PowerPoint presentations, brochures, marketing & donor letters, etc.
- Assist with client and donor communication.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned...
- Proven admin or assistant experience preferred. Experience working within the nonprofit field is a plus!
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Diligence and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Dropbox, QuickBooks, and other related software systems
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Proficient with Photoshop, Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Power-point, Access, PDF Formatting
- Ability to design promotional material and professional newsletters.
- Flexible, patient, and excellent phone skills
- Strong ethics and reliability
This position requires a minimum of ten -15 hours per week.Application Process
Interested prospects seeking course credit should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Those simply seeking to volunteer should apply at https://strive4you.org/volapp. qualified candidates will then be asked to submit a formal application and schedule an interview.
More opportunities with STRIVE4You
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 23, 2022
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-40 hours a month