Support Southeast TN Disaster Survivors in Planning Their Next Steps to Recovery
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be a source of refuge and support when disasters strike! Fires and storms are unexpected, but you can join one of our local volunteer teams that are trained to respond to emergencies across the country. This important volunteer role deploys for 14 days to an area that needs support for people affected by disaster. All travel accommodations will be provided.
Volunteers on the Disaster Recovery Team:
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by Disaster Action Team
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use Red Cross (RC) Care system to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
Volunteer with the Disaster Recovery team and use your compassion and planning skills to serve disaster survivors across the country. It’s the hardest job you will ever love!
About American Red Cross - Tennessee Region
2201 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Chattanooga AreaChattanooga, TN 37406
January 18, 2022
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Training time depends on the individuals pace. This role deploys for 2 week assignments.
- Are you willing to wear a mask at all times while inside and around others? • live within the state of Tennessee • willing and able to deploy for 14 day assignments • willing and able to travel via plane if needed (all accommodations are provided)