A Matter of Balance Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: SOUTHERN MAINE AGENCY ON AGING
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Agewell program at SMAA is seeking a positive, organized and outgoing volunteer to join our team in the A Matter of Balance (AMOB) Coordinator role. The Coordinator is part of the Volunteer Leadership team that helps lead wellness programming at the agency. The AMOB Coordinator role is an 8-10 hour weekly commitment, and works closely with a small group of A Matter of Balance certified coaches and community host sites to plan workshops. If you like working as part of a team, feel passionate about wellness programming for older adults, and have strong people, communication, and computer skills this could be a great opportunity!
This role emphasizes an interest and skill with planning and coordinating.
- Matches volunteer co-leaders, and schedules them with identified key partner host sites
- Acts as a liaison between Program Management, Healthy Living for ME (HL4ME), and volunteer leaders (coaches)
- Collaborates with Admin volunteers on material prep, data collection and reporting
- May coordinate with class leaders who want to assist with class scheduling
- Posts workshops on HL4ME website
- Attends regular meetings with the Program Manager, Volunteer Agewell Coordinator, and other Program Leads
- Facilitates one’s own program team meetings and communicates important updates to program leaders
- May assist with promotion of programs
- Serves as program mentor by visiting classes as needed for quality assurance and leader support
- Operates within expectations and framework for Agewell program
Qualities, experience & skills needed by the volunteers:
Positive leadership, personnel management, patient, organized, strong communicator. Working knowledge of 1 or more existing Agewell programs. Basic computer proficiency. Technology needs: able to access the internet for shared files, web-based platforms including HL4ME, and email. Able to set boundaries as appropriate.
For more information, please contact Jim Clark, Volunteer Agewell Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, proof of vaccination status is required for all in-person opportunities at Southern Maine Agency on Aging.**
About SOUTHERN MAINE AGENCY ON AGING
30 Barra Road, Biddeford, ME 04005, US
The Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, adults with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Southern Maine Agency on Aging Volunteer Services provides opportunities to make a difference in the community through volunteer service. Volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, meals on wheels, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. We offer maximum flexibility and choice to our volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of the over age 55 volunteer to opportunities in selected imapct service areas to help solve community problems. RSVP volunteers receive supplemental insurance while on duty, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where they are placed.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 3, 2023
- Elder care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours per week