DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Klls Miles For Music
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Race day is coming and we still need more volunteers. We're on the lookout for people to help with:
- Course Workers- assists with set-up and removal of cones, barricades, course water tables and boxes of water. (Heavy lifting involved)
- Parking Direction- Positioned near and at the entry to designated parking areas to direct athletes, attendees and other volunteers to correct parking areas, registration area. We will have 2 separate parking lists. 1. General parking and vendor parking 2. VIP parking- (sponsors, honorees & special guests.
- Water Stations Along the Course- Fill cups of water at water stations along course. Maintain filled water cups for runners/walkers as needed. Clean up post race throwing away all empty water cups into trash receptacles.
- Food and Beverage Tables- Cut Bananas, oranges, bagels, as well as set up tables. Additionally hand out to runners and walkers before and after they run/walk.
- Course Direction and cheer stations- Positioned at various key points along the course, volunteers will point or hold signs to keep runners on the proper course. Cheer the runners and walkers as they participate in the race. Volunteers are taken key points along the course to offer directions to athletes. They will be giving directions by pointing or holding a sign with an arrow to point the runners in the correct direction.
- Event Day Registration- Welcome athletes, collect registration information, distribute race packets, race t-shirts and goodie bags. Distributing the athletes bibs', and a number of safety pins when athletes give their name.Volunteers should have information available to give athletes answers to common questions such as where the start/ finish line i, where the course map can be located, when the run/walk starts, where to pickup shirts, and where to results will be posted.
- Tee Shirt Volunteers- Volunteers work behind tables handing athletes their t-shirts after the athletes have registered and have a bib number. The bib number is marked with an X in the area not to be torn off and returned with the shirt to the athlete. (moving some heavy boxes required)
- Banner and sign Hangers- Banners and signs will need to be hung and positioned in the staging area and along the course. These volunteers should be able to climb ladders and string banners on rope.
- Award Booth- Assist with sorting and distributing age group awards to the top three finishers in each group.
- Finish Line Volunteers- assist with sorting of athletes as they finish, handing out finisher medals and keeping order in the finish chutes. They will assist with the timing, removal of runners bib number, and tags.
- Mile Timers- Volunteers will be positioned along the course at each mile position and shout out the race time as the athletes pass by. They will be given a stopwatch to be returned to the stage or course director when picked up to return to staging area.
- Breakdown and Clean-up- All volunteers are asked to assist with breakdown and clean-up of the course start to finish line area and event plaza.
- Depending on the race, Kiddie Fun Run Course Volunteers positioned along the Kiddie Fun Run course, to ensure all participants follow and stay on course. Volunteers also will be needed to hand each child a finishers ribbon at their finish line.
As an A5 Events volunteer you will be fed and hydrated.
If you have any friends or family that may also be interested in volunteering, please have them sign up through the website or show up with you on the day of the event. You will be assigned a job at the event. Without our amazing volunteers, this race simply would not happen. So, on that note, thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please show up at 6:00am, Parking is available in the parking lot.
About A5 Events with Team Against Drugs Inc
4108 W Riverside Dr, Unit B, Burbank, CA 91505, US
We’ve made it our mission to help nonprofits and participants create successful events for their charities.
Races are a great way to raise money and awareness for your charity. Whether you want to host a walk to raise funds for medical research or if you’d like to participate in a marathon for your favorite cause, A5 Events has partnered with numerous nationally-recognized charities to bring fun and exciting charity events to cities across the country. We’ve made it our mission to help nonprofits and participants create successful events for their charities.
Griffith Park DriveLos Angeles, CA 90027
January 10, 2022