DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Grant Research Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We are a volunteer-driven non-profit seeking to address the climate crisis by highlighting the innovative solutions of our climate-hero partners who are actively creating regenerative solutions for a more sustainable economy. As we shift from live in-person tours to virtual experiences due to COVID, we invite you to join us in our mission to create inspirational, educational content that we will share via Virtual Tours, our new Solutionaries Speak interview series, and customized virtual Team Building events. Learn more about us at bayareagreentours.org .Background:
We need help managing our grant process. You would be taking lead on grant writing, and working with others for research and grant management.
- Manage the grants calendar (proposals, LOIs, reports, etc.)
- Research potential grant funding, regularly conducting thorough searches through GrantStation and any other sources, and staying on top of opportunities as they arise through attention to list servs and mailing lists
- Take primary responsibility for drafting all grant proposals, allowing ample time for input and revision by program staff and others
- Ensure staff stay on top of all grant reports, assisting with the drafting and editing as necessary
- Develop/grow relationships with foundation contacts, coordinating meetings and site visits
- Excellent at writing and communicating
- Experience in grant writing
- Knowledge of grants cycle and fundraising process
- Strong research skills
- Willingness to learn about the organization and ability to quickly become an expert on it
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with or curiosity about Google Apps
Skills you will learn or practice: writing, editing, proofreading, communication, business correspondence, research, Google Calendar, managing projects, events coordinating, report writing, budgeting and working with the Finance Team, FlipCause, Weebly, Google Workspace, Asana, Slack, Excel, administrative support, volunteer and intern mentoring.
- have a designated mentor
- attend regular meetings at least once a week
- commit to work from 20 hours a week for a duration of 3 months or longer
- work remotely
- upon successful completion of the volunteering term receive a letter or commendation
- fill out an Exit Survey
Email: email@example.com with any questions.
About Bay Area Green Tours
Virtual for now, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We provide educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.
Bay Area Green Tours (BAGT) serves as a conduit to solutions for a more sustainable future. BAGT is committed to focusing on positive, innovative solutions and models. Tours have been offered for companies & conferences, and for young people who are able to connect to role models and organizations which inspire them towards environmental activism and career paths. We are moving toward Virtual Tours due to COVID and will have in-person tours on a case-by-case basis. Participants learn about innovative green-certified businesses, people & organizations in the nation’s environmental epicenter, enabling them to find resources or take action to help mitigate climate change and live more sustainably.
What we offer:
Networking opportunities with local solutionaries
Experience working with a local environmental non-profit organization
Experience researching and connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in sustainability
Improved research and communication skills
Letter of recommendation/professional reference based on performance and hours
Check out our featured tours: https://www.bayareagreentours.org/tours.html
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 13, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Policy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hrs a week for atleast 4 months