PREPARE your Community for Disasters
Please visit the new page to apply.
Have you, or someone you know, ever experienced a disaster? If so, then you will know how important it is to be prepared! Be a part of the team that saves lives through preparedness.
Position of Disaster Preparedness Volunteers needed most in Yuma County
- *Organize alongside the Disaster Team staff a successful Youth & Adult Community Preparedness Education and Presentations.
- *Educate individuals and groups on how to be prepared before a disaster occurs with programs such as; Be Red Cross Ready, Pillowcase & Prepping with Pedro (latter two being presented to elementary aged students).
- Attend community events in person or virtually to share the mission of the Red Cross with others so that they may have the tools they need to keep their family safe in times of crisis.
- Install *free* smoke alarms in homes that do not have them, or require hard of hearing alarms.
*can be done virtually.
The number one priority of the American Red Cross is the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors and recipients, and the people we serve. In addition to following federal and local orders, the Red Cross continues to implement many safety precautions including vaccine requirements, masks, enhanced cleaning procedures and encouraging social distancing.
PLEASE sign up today at www.redcross.org/aznm !! We cannot wait to have you join our team!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Stacey Moore at Stacey.Moore@redcross.org.
About American Red Cross: Arizona, New Mexico, El Paso Region
4747 N. 22nd St. Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ 85015, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Yuma, AZ 85364
January 20, 2022
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Administrative Support
- Public Speaking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training