Community Relations Coordinator - Volunteer Position
Please visit the new page to apply.
Work is assigned and supervised by the Executive Director of the Women of Valor. Given the nature of non-profit work, the candidate must have a passion for public sector service and community engagement. An ideal candidate will want to gain experience in grant writing, community and economic development, and urban studies. Assignments are expected to be carried out under limited supervision within the office or remotely, therefore only candidates with sound judgment, time management skills, and internal motivation should apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using their individual interest, candidate will research and investigate new grant sources or innovative programs and present pertinent information to the Executive Director and Administrative Staff.
- Perform assignments relating to city planning, economic development, redevelopment initiatives, and program development.
- Public Sector engagement - In order to engage with community leaders, knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of local, state, and federal government offices and programs is needed.
- Candidate will develop and draft internal and external documents and materials to build or retain relationships with donors, volunteers, community members, and other supporters of the non-profit organization.
- Fundraising Activities - Coordination of existing fundraising efforts while exploring new approaches to generate support for the affiliate
- Outreach - Increase awareness of the affiliates goals and the mission it serves, to as wide of an audience as possible.
The best candidate will be chosen from a pool of candidates who can demonstrate that they seek to gain hands-on experience in grassroots community development within a local, state-wide organization.
- Minimum 10-15 hours a week spent in the office.
- Submittal of all work assignments within determined deadlines.
- Possible Employment after probationary period.
- 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About WOMEN OF VALOR MINISTRY INC
715 INGLE SIDE AVENUE, CATONSVILLE, MD 21228, US
Our mission is to advance the wellness and empowerment of women in communities.
Women of Valor is a registered and Licensed Charity non-profit organization, with a mission to advance the wellbeing of the female gender in the society. Our Vision is geared towards empowering Women in all Phases of life by investing and promoting economic self-sufficiency to create esteem and contribute to the sustainability of families and the communities.
In recent months and years, we have significantly lived our mission, by creating programs that are Suitable to proffer lasting Solutions to enact progress systemically. We have identified and filtered developing solutions concepts; and making models to evaluate potentials Ideas for improvement.
715 Ingleside AvenueCatonsville, MD 21228
December 13, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 20
- Minimum 10-15 hours per week