4 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
VIDEOGRAPHER VOLUNTEER NEEDED.
BACKGROUND Every day, Neighborhood House works to end poverty in our communities. Since 1906, Neighborhood House has advanced our mission to partner with individuals and families to build community and increase access to housing, health, education, and economic opportunity. Our programs focus on early childhood education, youth development, employment and adult education, housing assistance, community health, and aging and disability services throughout King County, WA.
The videographer will work with Neighborhood House’s Highpoint Family Resource Center to record content for the Lunar New Year (2022).
Commit to at least 12 hours of volunteering:
* Work with the Highpoint Family Resource Center staff to film the Lunar New Year Event
* Maintaining a safe, respectful and engaging environment for the event.
* Capable of working with diverse community
* Willingness to communicate to verify with the High Point Family Resource Center for approval before any editing is done".
* Ability to use camera and editing software
* Communicate clearly and consistently with Highpoint Resource Center Staff about projects, posts and creations
* Ability to take opinions and implement it to the video
* Willingness to come to the Highpoint Resource Center for approval before any editing is done
* Strong understanding of videography and technology
* Knowledge and experience in wide range of camera angles.
* Translate best practice into relevant, practical, and effective outcomes.
* Knowledge/ experience in one or more of the following preferred: Video Editing, Illustrator, etc. * Knowledge of basic technology, video production
* High school degree or equivalent OR advanced mastering of above listed programs. (Must be able to demonstrate)
* If no experience in listed above, willingness to learn, practice and master.
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with NH staff.
* Must possess cultural sensitivity: Applicants must be aware that audience will be diverse in religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, etc., and reflect that knowledge and sensitivity in their social media presence.
* This is an excellent way to gain valuable videography work experience and skills while making an impact in low-income, immigrant and refugee communities.
* The High Point Family Resource Center will be happy to provide professional references for the candidate for any future project upon successful completion of the Lunar New Year 2022 video production.
* Highpoint Family Resource Center: 6400 Sylvan Way SW, Seattle, WA, 98126
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Muna Ali, Volunteer Services Manager, at (206)-670-6807 or by email at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Neighborhood House
1225 S Weller St, Suite 510, Seattle, WA 98144, US
The mission of Neighborhood House is to help diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence, health, and community building.
We provide free services that are culturally and linguistically relevant to immigrants, refugees, public housing residents, and low-income community members in King County. Neighborhood House was founded in Seattle by the National Council of Jewish Women in 1906, and for 114 years has fought to end the cycles of poverty, racism, and social inequities.
We want to lift children out of poverty. We want them to be healthy and ready to be successful in school and life. We want these children grow up in safe and supportive homes and neighborhoods.
We want to lift families out of poverty by creating opportunities for economic self-sufficiency and asset building.
We want seniors to live healthy, independent lives with respect and dignity, surrounded by friends and a supportive community.
We want to build strong and vibrant communities where everyone feels an attachment to their neighbors and neighborhood, where they work together to solve problems and celebrate their cultural diversity.
And finally, we want to create a greener, more sustainable community where low income families live in neighborhoods that are free of pollution and buffered from rising energy costs.
6400 Sylvan Way SouthwestSeattle, WA 98126
December 13, 2021
- Video Production
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours prior to the event to film some materials for the event. And then, 2 hours for editing of the video. And then, 4 hours for the day of the event.