DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Animal Welfare - Foster Parent Representative - Welcoming Committee - REMOTE
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Foster Parent Representative - Welcoming Committee - REMOTE
Making North Texas a No-Kill community is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, Dallas Pets Alive is a non-profit organization focused on animal welfare and saving pets. DPA needs a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Welcoming Committee Member, you will be making a huge impact on this mission by assisting our foster families throughout this process.
About Dallas Pets Alive : https://dallaspetsalive.org
**TO BE CONSIDERED, please complete our Official Volunteer Application at
Reports to: Assistant Foster Director, Foster Director, VP of Animal Operations and the Executive Director.
Works with: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with team leaders, foster parents, and other volunteers.
Welcoming Committee members will work to ensure foster parents are set for success. They will check in with foster parents day one, day three, and one week after picking up their new foster . They will field questions about crate training, decompression, how to make appointments, pet introductions, how to get supplies, etc.
- Checking in with foster parents at scheduled times via email. If no response within 48 hours, following up with a phone call or text then escalating to appropriate parties
- Collecting marketing information for foster animals and uploading the same to ShelterLuv internal database
- Assisting in troubleshooting any issues with the foster pet including training advice and medical issues
- Maintaining notes of correspondence with foster parents regarding the pet
- Referring issues beyond the scope of this function to other volunteers, team leaders, or Foster Director for further processing
- Developing relationships with foster parents, and professionally managing potential complaints
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Related animal/rescue group experience
- Consistent availability required (in case emergencies arise), flexible schedule to answer foster questions during the day preferred
- Ability to work virtually (phone, email)
- Not necessary, but beneficial: experience as a foster parent
- Experience with pets beneficial - but applicants do not need to be medical/behavioral experts (there will be a support system to help with these types of issues)
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: Up to 2-3 hours per week
14 More opportunities with Dallas Pets Alive!9 Reviews
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus on:
- Rescuing healthy and treatable pets at North Texas shelters at the greatest risk of being euthanized
- Reducing owner surrender through our Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS) program
- Opening kennel space by transporting pets to partners in the U.S. and Canada in need of adoptable animals
- Challenging the way our community views rescue animals. We believe that adoption is not only right thing to do but THE thing to do!
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 28, 2022
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: Up to 2-3 hours per week