Foster Parent Representative - Welcoming Committee
Please visit the new page to apply.
Foster Parent Representative - Welcoming Committee
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. Dallas Pets Alive relies heavily on foster homes to save animals from euthanasia. As a Welcoming Committee Member, you will be making a huge impact on this mission by assisting our foster families throughout this process.
**To be considered, please complete our official volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Assistant Foster Director, Foster Director, VP of Animal Operations and the Executive Director.
Works with: Will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with team leaders, foster parents, and other volunteers.
Welcoming Committee members will work to ensure foster parents are set for success. They will check in with foster parents day one, day three, and one week after picking up their new foster . They will field questions about crate training, decompression, how to make appointments, pet introductions, how to get supplies, etc.
- Checking in with foster parents at scheduled times via email. If no response within 48 hours, following up with a phone call or text then escalating to appropriate parties
- Collecting marketing information for foster animals and uploading the same to ShelterLuv internal database
- Assisting in troubleshooting any issues with the foster pet including training advice and medical issues
- Maintaining notes of correspondence with foster parents regarding the pet
- Referring issues beyond the scope of this function to other volunteers, team leaders, or Foster Director for further processing
- Developing relationships with foster parents, and professionally managing potential complaints
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent required with related animal/rescue group experience
- Consistent availability required (in case emergencies arise), flexible schedule to answer foster questions during the day preferred
- Ability to work virtually (phone, email)
- Not necessary, but beneficial: experience as a foster parent
- Experience with pets beneficial - but applicants do not need to be medical/behavioral experts (there will be a support system to help with these types of issues)
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: Up to 2-3 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
No physical location, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2022
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: Up to 2-3 hours per week