5 people are interested
Museum at the Gateway Arch Information Desk Attendant
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Reports to National Park Service Staff
Our Opportunity: Information Desk Assistant Volunteers support Gateway Arch National Park by helping create a welcoming, informative, and visitor-centered environment for staff and visitors. The primary tasks of an Information Desk Assistant are to be a friendly face for visitors when they enter the Park and offer valuable information to make their experience the most enjoyable. These may include answering visitor questions, handing out brochures and literature as needed, acting as an ambassador for the Park and greater St. Louis region, and other tasks as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities
18 or older (younger applicants with parental/guardian approval may be considered). As representatives of The National Park Service and Gateway Arch Park Foundation, volunteers must adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct as outlined in the volunteer handbook provided prior to or during training.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to interact with the public and learn more about the National Park Service
- Enthusiasm, friendliness, and a positive attitude
- Respect for confidentiality of the Gateway Arch National Park’s volunteers, partners, members, and donors
- Willingness to take initiative, and voice ideas
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to forty (40) pounds
We ask that all volunteers serve at least 4 hours per month for a 6-month period
Gateway Arch National Park’s information desks are in the Gateway Arch Visitor Center (11 N. 4 th St. St. Louis, MO 63102). Parking is validated for volunteers at the Kiener West Garage located at 604 Pine St.
Training and Supervision:
- Volunteers must attend orientation onsite or virtually. Orientation is approximately 1 hour long and held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 pm.
- Each volunteer will be asked to complete a Museum Training Workbook for their first 3 or more shifts at the Museum.
- Training will be conducted by volunteer supervisors or seasoned volunteers on the first day of each volunteer’s shift and will vary depending on the position, supervisor, and personal learning styles.
- Contribute to a national monument, The Gateway Arch National Park!
- Annual general membership to Gateway Arch Park Foundation (40+ hours)
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Free parking if needed during volunteer hours
If you are interested in this position and feel it is a good fit, please contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or (314) 881-3537 to schedule an interview.
Thank you for wanting to be a part of our team. We could not serve the community of St. Louis without you!
About the Gateway Arch National Park
The Gateway Arch National Park (GANP) is a part of the National Park Service with a mission to preserve unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Gateway Arch reflects St. Louis' role in the Westward Expansion of the United States during the nineteenth century. The park is a memorial to Thomas Jefferson's role in opening the West, to the pioneers who helped shape its history, and to Dred Scott who sued for his freedom in the Old Courthouse. For more information, visit www.nps.gov/jeff.
About Gateway Arch Park Foundation
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, its grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions are a vital, active, and welcoming, well-supported resource to the community and nation for generations to come. The Foundation is part of an alliance that helps meet this mission, which includes the National Park Service, Bi-State Development, Great Rivers Greenway, Jefferson National Parks Association, and the City of St. Louis. For more information, visit www.ArchPark.org .
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GATEWAY ARCH PARK FOUNDATION
1 S MEMORIAL DR STE 700, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63102, US
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, its grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions will be a vital, welcoming, and well-supported resource for the community and nation for generations to come.
Founded in 2009 to support and coordinate a project to connect, invigorate and expand the Arch grounds, the Foundation is a conservancy that collaborates with partners to operate and maintain the improvements made through the CityArchRiver project.
11 North 4th StreetSt. LouisSt. Louis, MO 63102
December 10, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that all volunteers serve at least 4 hours per month for a 6-month period.
- Background Check, customer service skills, and ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.