Community Volunteer Leader - Okeechobee
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - South Florida Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Partnering with the Executive Director, the Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) works to build capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL helps recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community and fills the specific need identified by the region.
This is accomplished through:
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks / circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build / regain presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Assisting with cultivating, managing and stewarding external partner relationships.
- Supporting routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
- The CVL must demonstrate a passion for the Red Cross mission and the community and have an interest in promoting volunteerism
- Will possess strong public speaking skills
- Will be a natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross.
- Be a creative self-starter who is able to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- This volunteer will have an established community presence and network
- Volunteers with leadership, management and recruiting experience as well as well as present and past community leaders are encouraged to apply to this role.
90 More opportunities with American Red Cross - South Florida Region
About American Red Cross - South Florida Region
1250 Northpoint Parkway, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Okeechobee CountyOkeechobee, FL 34972
January 27, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours per month