3 people are interested
Cooking Matters Training
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Sign up to volunteer for a Cooking Matters for Adults class with Senior Adults! Please note this class is in NASH county. (About a 1 hour drive from the Food Shuttle Raleigh office)
Classes will occur on the following Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (which includes 30 min of setup and 30 min of cleanup)
- Lesson 1: Let's Get Cooking!- 1/18/2022
- Lesson 2: Choosing Fruits, Vegetables, and Whole Grains- 1/25/2022
- Lesson 3: Healthy Starts at Home- 2/1/2022
- Lesson 4: Planning Ahead- 2/8/2022
- Lesson 5: Shopping Smart- 2/15/2022
- Lesson 6: Recipe for Success- 2/22/2022
TRAINING IS REQUIRED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
During the online volunteer training session ("Train the Trainer"), new volunteers will learn how to become Cooking Matters Nutrition Instructors, Culinary Instructors, and Classroom Assistants! We will also discuss signing up for available Cooking Matters opportunities.
Once you attend one of these sessions you will be able to sign up to volunteer for Cooking Matters courses!
You can register for the training here: https://foodshuttle.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=643410
- Tue Feb 01, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Tue Feb 08, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Tue Feb 15, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Tue Feb 22, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Tue Jan 25, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Tue Jan 18, 2022 - 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120, Raleigh, NC 27603, US
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle envisions a hunger free community. We FEED our neighbors, TEACH self-sufficiency, GROW healthy foods, and CULTIVATE innovative approaches to end hunger.
We engage communities facing hunger to understand their unique needs and barriers. Then by building relationships and engaging our neighbors, we create programs and initiatives that meet specific needs, breaking the cycles of poverty, restoring dignity and improving the health of our community. We have served the seven counties of central NC for over 32 years and are a member of the Feeding America network of 200 food banks across the nation.
110 West Railroad STSharpsburg, NC 27878
December 10, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one hour training and then the opportunity to facilitate classes https://foodshuttle.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=643410