1 person is interested
Support Group Co-Facilitator for Caregivers (The Villa at Suffield Meadows)
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
We're looking for a Co-facilitator to help lead a caregiver support group.
Volunteer Support Group Facilitators or co-facilitators help group participants develop coping methods and encourage caregivers to maintain their personal, physical and emotional health. Support groups provide a place for friends and family to share valuable information, caregiving tips and concerns about their loved ones with Alzheimer's.
Location: Virtual via Zoom (with the hope of in-person at The Villa of Suffield Meadows)
Meeting: Fourth Wednesdays of the Month 4pm-5:30pm
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Professional healthcare experience preferred
- Experience working with people with Alzheimer’s disease, their family members and caregivers
- Empathy for individuals and families struggling with the disease
- Comfort with the expression of emotion
- Integrity, trustworthiness and discretion
- Active listening and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in serving the community
- Experience as a caregiver or working directly with caregivers is helpful
- A willingness to seek out and provide up to date information on research, care, and treatment for group members
About Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter
8180 Greensboro Drive, Suite 400, McLean, VA 22102, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. As part of a nationwide network of chapters, the Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter provides care and support to people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their families and caregivers in the District of Columbia, five counties in suburban and Southern Maryland and eleven counties in Northern Virginia. For more than 30 years, we have provided reliable information and care consultation; created supportive services for families; increased funding for dementia research; and influenced changes in public policy. The Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donor-supported organization.
The National Capital Area Chapter is affiliated with the national Alzheimer's Association, headquarted in Chicago. We serve persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, their families, caregivers,professionals and communities in Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland and Washington, DC through support, counseling information, referrals, education, advocacy and research.
6735 Suffield LaneThe Villa at Suffield MeadowsWarrenton, VA 20187
December 10, 2021
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per month
- Training and background screening