Please visit the new page to apply.
NICIL is looking for a Vice President to join our team. We meet monthly (November/December is combined) to review the operations and management of NICIL. Board members can attending monthly meetings in person or via Zoom. If you're passionate about non-profit management or administration, you're encouraged to apply! A copy of the job responsibilities and duties are listed below. The application process is easy and we offer an orientation and training for all Board of Director members.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Facilitate Board meetings with using Robert Rules of Order
- Act as a member of the Executive Committee ensuring contract obligations are met
- Instrumental in planning and facilitating fundraising events and their review process
- Approval of all fiscal and operations budget, and program policies and procedures
- Aid in recruitment of qualified individuals for NICIL's Board of Directors
- Participate in annual strategic planning process as the Board and with NICIL Team
To learn more, visit our website at https://nicil.org/join-the-nicil-team/.
Image description: White background with black letters spelling the abbreviation of site name.
About NORTHWESTERN ILLINOIS CENTER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
412 LOCUST ST, STERLING, IL 61081, US
NICIL is committed to promoting and delivering the Independent Living Philosophy throughout Northwestern Illinois. Our pledge is to cordially assist all persons with disabilities in an efficient compassionate and compliant manner while seeking out agency growth and opportunities.
Northwestern Illinois Center for Independent Living (NICIL) started with a passion to help all persons with disabilities in NW Illinois. NICIL covers five (5) counties: Carroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, and Whiteside counties. NICIL was one of the origin five (5) CIL's in Illinois in 1985. Today there are 22 CIL's in Illinois covering all 105 counties.
We continue to dedicate our work to service. Did you know that 51% or more of our staff, leadership, Board of Directors, and volunteers are people with disabilities? We understand the path that independency takes, we live it every day too!
Our core focus is on Advocacy, Peer Support, Independent Living Skills, Information and Referrals, and Transitional Services. We develop all services to support each individual person we serve.
While we have completed more then 35 years of service in NW Illinois we have so much more to do! We are developing new services and programs. We offer a wide variety of classes and workshops. We can tailor any of our work to the consumers need. We also provide training to community organizations as well as ADA compliance assessment! We do it all!
412 Locust StSterling, IL 61081
December 10, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Vice President position is two (2) years
- Live or work within the NICIL five (5) county region of: Carroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, and Whiteside Counties