Volunteer/Intern Social Media Strategy & Management
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer - Social Media
This is a virtual volunteer opportunity.
We are seeking a volunteer social media manager/intern to help refine our social media presence and grow the museum’s follower base. You will start by focusing on building out the Randall Museum’s Instagram presence. Opportunities to extend would include expanding into similar programs and strategies for other major social media channels/platforms (Snap, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter).
Desired duration : 3-6 months (we can work with your schedule), estimated 3-5 hours/week on a recurring basis.
- Create a content strategy and corresponding calendar (via Hootsuite or similar) to allow the museum to easily operate and scale (automating posts, creating stories)
- Create and execute on strategies to engage and leverage relevant influencers
- Grow Randall Museum followership and donations via social engagement
- Experience as a user and content creator on Instagram
- Experience creating a social media strategy
- Experience using data analysis to inform content and goals
- Experience representing and talking as a brand online...
About the Randall
The Randall Museum is a museum of science, nature and the arts as well as a San Francisco Recreation and Park Department community learning center. Our Mission is to inspire creativity, curiosity, and a love of learning about the world around us.Our vision is to provide a hands-on community learning center with no entry fee where children and adults can explore STEM, nature, and the arts through engaging exhibits, activities, and classes.
About Randall Museum/Randall Museum Friends
199 Museum Way, San Francisco, CA 94114, US
The Randall Museum offers youth and adults opportunities for active involvement and recreation in an integrated program of arts and sciences. Focusing on the cultures and environment of the San Francisco Bay Area, the Museum strives to inspire creativity, curiosity and appreciation of the world around us.
On a hillside overlooking the City and the Bay, the Randall Museum is a place where children, youth, and adults can explore the arts, the sciences, and the environment through a wide range of hands-on classes, changing exhibits, and programs. Permanent areas of the museum include a live animal exhibit, a woodshop, art and ceramics studios, a darkroom, a lapidary workshop, an earthquake exhibit, a 188-seat theater, a greenhouse, and an outdoor learning area with lawns and gardens. Ongoing and annual programs include summer camps, school field trips, family outings, after-school and weekend classes for children and adults, family festival days, and a wide variety of clubs and special interest groups. The Randall Museum is a facility of the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department and is partially supported through a public/private partnership with the Randall Museum Friends.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 9, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging