Project Canis Associate Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
Project Canis is a new 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization started by students at the University of Florida to ensure that every shelter animal has a toy. Project Canis helps cats and dogs in Florida shelters by making and donating pet toys made from recycled materials. We are looking for a passionate animal-lover to volunteer a few hours a week to help lead our team of volunteer staff as our Associate Director. We expect this role to take 2-4 hours a week.
Working closely with our Founder/Executive Director, the Associate Director will:
- Help oversee finance, fundraising, operations, outreach, and marketing
- Manage business sponsorships and volunteer perks programs
- Host occasional virtual toy-making events
- Plan staff socials, conduct 1:1s, and manage staff appreciation gifts
- Assist with task delegation and keeping staff on track
- Fill in for Executive Director responsibilities when needed
- Completed or currently pursuing a degree in a relevant field
- Can commitment to 4 hours a week of responsibility
- Passion for animals and sustainability
- Hardworking, self-disciplined, and entrepreneurial
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Able to work well on a team and learn quickly
- 2+ years of animal welfare experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Preferably experience with nonprofit leadership
- Preferably located in Gainesville or Florida
Position Type: Unpaid (Volunteer) with small incentive-based stipend
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2022
Check out our website at www.projectcanis.org, our Facebook and Instagram @theprojectcanis, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Apply here: https://forms.gle/eAVtipJqXXoUUE3c8
About Project Canis
207 ARDEA WAY, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32312, US
Project Canis' mission is to help animals in shelters by giving them toys made of recycled materials. Many animal shelters struggle to get donations and are not financially able to provide toys, which are essential to animals' emotional and physical well-being.
Anyone can participate in Project Canis by sending in toys they made individually or as a service project with their organization. We have three toy designs: the braid, the plushie, and the crunch that can be made easily with recycled materials such as old t-shirts and plastic water bottles. Making the toys is super easy and fun, and participating in Project Canis is a great way for organizations to give back to the community.
4205 NW 6th St.Gainesville, FL 32609
December 9, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- 4 hours weekly