3 people are interested
Entry Level Coding Instructor
ORGANIZATION: BCAUSEICAN INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
BCAUSEICAN has a mission to provide programs and services to underserved communities. The leading program is the BCAUSEICANCODE curriculum, which provides the instruction of coding concepts, terminology and skills to begin the art of coding for grades K-12. We currently focus on schools in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia (the DMV as it is known to locals).
About this role:
BCAUSEICAN is recruiting instructors for our block-based and object-oriented coding languages, such as SCRATCH and Python. We currently offer our classes as part of after-school enrichment programming. Experience teaching students K-12 is desired and proficiency with Zoom is a plus, as Zoom is the video conferencing platform that is used for our virtual classes.
Currently, the classes will begin in early November and will be virtual, but preference may be given to local instructors who are willing to transition into in-person in the future. We currently offer our classes as part of after-school enrichment programming.
This is a virtual position to start and may eventually be in-person.
- One year of experience in teaching students K-12 is desired
- Proficiency with Zoom is a plus, as Zoom is the video conferencing platform that is used for our virtual classes.
- Solid understanding of block-based and object-oriented coding languages and the ability to clearly communicate coding topics to elementary students
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Bachelor’s in computer science or current undergraduate student in computer science preferred
- Applicants should have the willingness to teach children both virtually and in person, solid knowledge of a block-based and object-oriented coding languages.
The classes teach the concepts, terminology and the art of coding. The majority classes are from 2:30 to 3:30pm EST one day per week Monday-Friday for 16 weeks. There will be multiple classes per week, so there is an opportunity to work multiple days a week if desired, but the minimum requirement is 1 day per week for 16 weeks.
This role may require you to be available for a minimum of 1.5 hours up to 3 to 8 hours per week. Because of the nature of this job a Background verification is mandatory. In-person instructors must be vaccinated.
- afternoon / 02:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About BCAUSEICAN INC
7600 Ora Glen Dr #1003, Greenbelt, MD 20770, US
We take a holistic approach in providing instruction, advice and guidance to teen and preteen youth in underserved communities in order to promote physical, social, and fiscal health and growth.
BCAUSEICAN conducts computer literacy and financial literacy classes. The computer literacy classes focuses on developing the techniques and skills to support STEM by introducing students to the basics of coding. The computer literacy classes target youth from 6-12. The financial literacy classes focuses on stock market education. The students learn the terminology and concepts of the stock market and eventually learn to simulate day trading. The financial literacy classes target middle school to high school students. We have been conducting classes for 2 years in the SHAW Community in NW Washington, DC.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 25, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18