20 people are interested
Computer Literacy Instructor
ORGANIZATION: BCAUSEICAN INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
BCAUSEICAN is a 501(c)3 organization. We are on a mission to provide programs and services to underserved communities; our passion is to reach and teach youth so that they can thrive, strive and arrive. Our programs include computer coding, technology workshops for adults and youth, and our ESOL club.
BCAUSEICAN is recruting for instructors to teach classes within our BCAUSEICANCODE program. Subjects include SCRATCH, Python, and Family Technology Workshops. Each series of classes runs once a week for one hour for between 8 and 16 weeks. This posting is recruiting for multiple instructors for any or all of these topics.
This position is in person. You will be teaching primarily in Prince George’s County and District of Columbia School Districts. Candidates must have a reliable form of transportation or work or live within reasonable distance from the school. It is critical that all instructors arrive on time to all classes that they commit to.
Find out more about us at www.bcauseican.net.
- With your co instructor, you will be responsible for teaching a class of students grades K-6. In SCRATCH classes, students will learn the fundamentals of block based coding. You will keep students on task and engaged, and guide them through pre-written lesson plans.
- Track student progress throughout the course, reporting to the program manager on class progress, student successes, and current needs.
- Evaluation of student progress and curriculum to ensure appropriate pacing of class and material coverage.
- Passion for our mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English and Spanish language skills.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. familiar with applications such as email, Adobe, Word, Powerpoint, or similar.)
- Ability to use or learn video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom).
- Willingness to teach children with patience and understanding.
- Must be able to work in person and be relied upon to arrive at the school on time for each class.
Experience and Education:
- Current student or Associate's degree in coding, computer technology, or information technology.
- Previous teaching experience is desired, preferably bilingual teaching.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- In person instructors must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
3 More opportunities with BCAUSEICAN INC1 Review
About BCAUSEICAN INC
7600 Ora Glen Dr #1003, Greenbelt, MD 20770, US
We take a holistic approach in providing instruction, advice and guidance to teen and preteen youth in underserved communities in order to promote physical, social, and fiscal health and growth.
BCAUSEICAN conducts computer literacy and financial literacy classes. The computer literacy classes focuses on developing the techniques and skills to support STEM by introducing students to the basics of coding. The computer literacy classes target youth from 6-12. The financial literacy classes focuses on stock market education. The students learn the terminology and concepts of the stock market and eventually learn to simulate day trading. The financial literacy classes target middle school to high school students. We have been conducting classes for 2 years in the SHAW Community in NW Washington, DC.
1701 11th Street NorthwestWashington, DC 20001
May 31, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week