1 person is interested
Calling Mr. or Ms. Fix It's For Upkeep on JBMDL! (Facilities Technician)
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The American Red Cross is seeking a volunteer to serve as a Facility Technician at our Joint Base facility in Fort Dix, NJ. This position reports directly to the region’s COO and collaborates with members of the region’s Business OPS team with the following project(s):
- Maintaining the building and grounds by performing repair and maintenance tasks.
- Light electrical repairs and maintenance: lightbulbs; circuit breakers, fuses, etc.
- Light carpentry & general construction: woodwork, sanding, painting, etc.
- General plumbing: toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc.
- Building Repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, floors, etc.
- Outdoors: Landscaping, front entrance and parking lot clean-up, etc.
- Providing general maintenance and cleanliness of the facility.
- Overseeing renovation projects when needed and troubleshooting general problems.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
Qualifications: Ability to display professionalism and communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Prior military experience a PLUS.
Military background check will be required.
Training: Some training courses required, including mandatory training provided by the military that focuses on military facilities.
About American Red Cross - New Jersey Region
1540 West Park Avenue, Ocean, NJ 07712, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Doughboy LoopJoint Base McGuire Dix LakehurstFort Dix, NJ 08640
December 8, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable; Preferred commitment is 2+ shifts a week with average shift of 2 to 4 hours