1 person is interested
Housing and Logistics Intern
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Apply for this position with a cover letter and resume, using the IRC Online
The IRC's Winter/Spring 2022 Internship Program runs January 12 - May 13, 2022
The Housing and Logistics Intern will help newly arrived refugees find permanent housing upon their arrival. They will help with apartment showings and set ups to make sure housing is ready upon or shortly after arrival. They will help with outreach to landlords and property managers across the Denver metro area in order to expand our network of partners willing to house Colorado's newest refugees. They will also help advocate in the community on behalf of refugees as a population to be considered in the affordable housing discussion.
- Help find homes for upcoming arrivals and newly-arrived families
- Cultivate relationships with new landlords/property managers
- Travel to site visits and meetings at apartment complexes
- Help with apartment set ups and ensure each home has required items
- Coordinate and supervise housing set-up volunteers
- Provide a housing orientation for newly arrived refugee clients and ensure they know how to make rent payments, use appliances and make maintenance requests
- Advocate for refugees in the affordable housing discussions
- Some heavy lifting and driving a moving truck during housing set-ups required
- Interpersonal communication, advocacy, public speaking, Microsoft Suite experience
The Housing and Logistics intern will gain experience navigating the housing market in Denver for the refugee population. They will acquire detailed knowledge about the reception and placement period for newly arrived refugees, funds allocated to refugees, and pubic benefits available for refugees and asylees. They will gain experience advocating for refugees while networking with apartment complexes, landlords, and property manager who will house Denver's newest refugee population.
About INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE in DENVER
1873 S. Bellaire St., 5th Floor, Denver, CO 80222, US
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and regain control of their future.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
The International Rescue Committee provides opportunities for refugees, asylees, victims of human trafficking, survivors of torture, and other immigrants to thrive in America. Each year, thousands of people, forced to flee violence and persecution, are welcomed by the people of the United States into the safety and freedom of America. These individuals have survived against incredible odds. The IRC works with government bodies, civil society actors, and local volunteers to help them translate their past experiences into assets that are valuable to their new communities. In Denver and other offices across the country, the IRC helps them to rebuild their lives.
1873 S. Bellaire St.5th FloorDenver, CO 80222
December 8, 2021
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week (3 month minimum; 3+ months preferred)