Resolve to Volunteer & Give the Gift of Time this New Year!
Please visit the new page to apply.
- In-Person, Virtual and Hybrid volunteer opportunities available in Emergency Preparedness/Education, Disaster Response and Disaster Recovery/Casework!
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters.
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to Disaster Action Team (DAT) Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
*Effective January 1st, 2022 all volunteers in this role will be required to be be fully vaccinated per American Red Cross policy.
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations around Eastern KYMorehead, KY 40351
December 8, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We'll work with your schedule! You choose the days/times that you are available. On call shifts range from 8 - 12 hours once per week to once per month.