2 people are interested
WE NEED YOU !! CALLING !! DCS: Hot Shots Team Member - High Dessert (In-Person)
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Purpose: This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department.
Each year, the Red Cross responds to an average of more than 60,000 disasters, the vast majority of which are home fires. With our coalition partners, we are working to help reduce death and injuries from home fires in high-risk communities. With your participation, we have the opportunity to make a difference in our communities and save lives tragically lost due to home fires. The Home Fire Campaign aims to save lives by installing smoke alarms and educating residents about home fire risk by providing home-safety checklists and plans in vulnerable neighborhoods.
The purpose of this position is to implement Home Fire Campaign programming. Depending on the local situation, work may be done virtually or in-person.
The Preparedness Division provides appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved to implement the preparedness program including:
- Support the annual preparedness goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for preparedness programming through participation in meetings, projects, and local preparedness activities;
- Execute assigned projects and local preparedness activities according to the Home Fire Campaign activities (canvassing, fire prevention and safety education, smoke alarm installation, documentation, etc.) you are trained to do.
- Complete tasks such as implementing preparedness activities, meeting with partners to build relationships, conducting inventory, and procuring or receiving necessary preparedness supplies.
Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
- follow directions and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision, required
- adapt to change, negotiate compromise, and tolerate ambiguity, required
- build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals; required
- be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness, required
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview (Required)
- Everyone's Welcome (Required)
- Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Complete all relevant online/ in-person training and review all relevant preparedness program materials that are posted on The Exchange.
Hot Shot" Teams go out into the community and install free smoke alarms in people's homes, and provide life-saving home fire safety education.
Installs are scheduled by appointment. Days/times may vary.
Typical install days are during the week from 9am-3pm.
We Provied all trainings!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
July 28, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Installs are scheduled by appointment. Days/times may vary.