WE NEED YOU !!DCS: Preparedness Team Member - San Bernardino County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to implement preparedness programming.
The Preparedness Division provides appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved to implement the preparedness program including:
- Support the annual preparedness goals, RDO objectives, and regional/ chapter plan for preparedness programming through participation in meetings, projects, and local preparedness activities;
- Execute assigned projects and local preparedness activities according to the activities you are trained in: Home Fire Campaign, The Pillowcase Project, or Community Preparedness Education Programs; and
- Complete tasks such as implementing preparedness activities, meeting with partners to build relationships, conducting inventory, and procuring or receiving necessary preparedness supplies.
- follow directions and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision;
- adapt to change, negotiate compromise, and tolerate ambiguity;
- build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals; and
- be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview (Required)
- Everyone's Welcome (Required)
- Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Complete all relevant online/in person training and review all relevant preparedness program materials that are posted on The Exchange.
Events typically last 3 to 5 hours. Must be able to participate and support a minimum of 2 events annually.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
February 2, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Events typically last 3 to 5 hours. Must be able to participate and support a minimum of 2 events annually.